View Poll Results: Did you go birth to potty in a One-Size Fits All?
No; Did newborn then One-Size 46 46.94%
No; Did a Two-Size system 7 7.14%
No; We used sized diapers 29 29.59%
Yep we did! 16 16.33%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #21
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone really go birth to potty in one size?

With DD, we didn't CD until she was 3 mos old and fit into the smallest setting of B.G. 3.0's. She wore them until she PL at 2.5 y/o.

With my LO due in a week, we will use prefolds and covers until he fits into the B.G., which we plan to use until he PL.

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
kalapolo
Registered Users
seller

We made it from birth to PT with OS FB and GroVia AI2s/AIOs.
kalapolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #23
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

With my oldest, we did mostly sized. The BGOS came out (1.0) when he was 4 months old, and they fit then. I had a stash of the 3.0 for a bit during his toddlerhood, but he out grew them at 2.5 in the rise, even though he was slim, and we had to use large diapers until he PL at 3.

Dd stayed in newborn diapers until 3 months, but I didn't like the fit of one size until she was 4 months. She is only 14 months now and on the biggest snap settings of several brands of one size diapers. She has been walking full time for 6 months so I don't expect her to slim down much longer. One size certainly won't last her to potty learning.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #24
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son was over 9 pounds at birth with chunky legs, we had a few BGOS that fit him right away, and he still fits into BGOS at 2.5 and 40 pounds. There was a point around 9 months where he was 30 pounds and was close to busting out of them, but he slimmed down a lot soon after.

We didn't use any OS diapers with DD as a newborn (I found out I much prefer sized) but she was bigger than DS and lots chunkier, so BGOS would have fit her right away, too, I'm sure. She started crawling and walking pretty early and slimmed down a ton, so I don't foresee her outgrowing them any time soon.

All that to say... We didn't use OS from birth to PTing, but we could have.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #25
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were in premie prefolds about a week or two before we switched to BGE's and are still using them and DD is 4! She's not into PL'ing yet.....
Old 11-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Katherine* View Post
We use sized diapers. All of my kids are peanuts and there is no way they would fit into any sort of one-sized diaper at birth. Plus I prefer side snapping dipes, so those are only sized. My girls never wore anything bigger than a medium before potty training and I suspect my little guy will be the same.
Have you looked at Grovia AIOs? Don't know if they fit newbies well but for later one, they are side snapping and one-sized.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #27
MyNameIsMama
Registered Users
seller

No, I had a 6 lb 13 oz baby and when I put on a BG 4.0 it was hysterically big. They didn't fit till 10-11 lbs.
MyNameIsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #28
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't vote because someone who switches things up as often as I do shouldn't have anythign to say about this kind of thing, but I do know our BGE's only lasted until about 20 months. I was disappointed, but I did love the diapers while they lasted.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #29
Jedimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely not! We did newborn (actually we did sposies for that stage, but we did it on purpose, not because we hadn't started cloth yet). And then went to OS. I'm opening up to some sized diapers now that I have become totally addicted to diapers and wanting to try them all. lol But for the most part we use OS on our non-potty-trained girl. However, I am back into sized diapers (or bullet proof trainers... I actually haven't found the right one yet) for my older girl because she is a bed-wetter.

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #30
Mandan914
Registered Users
seller

We used Softbums Echo & Omni shells, for DS1 who is now 3 the omni fit the best all the way till he was potty trained nights. Echo was great in nb stage till potty train during the day which was age 2.
Mandan914 is offline   Reply With Quote