Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #31
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you got to choose what month to give birth, which would it be?

My one and only is an October baby. I really enjoyed it. It gets cooler here in October so I didn't feel the need to be out and about. I stayed in and healed up! I also loved bundling her hehe. I was concerned that I would be more susceptible to PPD, being that we were going into winter when she was born, and, I usually get SAD, but all worked out.

We plan on having a second and I am REALLY tempted to try for another fall baby...however I would like to have our next child during the early spring or late summer I think. That way the kiddos have birthdays that aren't too close together. Everyone in DH's family plus our DD have bdays in October/November, so it's pretty insane around here.

Advertisement

Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #32
NikkiGig
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm in Florida for reference. I've always wanted a February baby so that I was biggest while it was (kinda) cool out and then snuggling a newbie through mild weather. I'm due in January and so far the biggest downsides are worrying about being too tired to enjoy the holidays or being in the hospital during them and I felt yucky all summer so the older kids didn't get to do as much during their break, but it was nice not having to deal with sports and school while I was sick. My oldest was October and that was torture as it was so hot from like 20 weeks till the day he was born. I was miserable. My two girls are May and June and the weather was nice because I didn't have to deal with the worst heat of summer pregnant, but it was hard baby wearing through the summer and having a hot sticky baby nursing. Plus keeping them from being too hot and in the sun made it difficult to get the other kids out of the house.
& Finnley Evan 2013 [2VBA2C]
NikkiGig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #33
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

July or August. We were specifically TTC for a summer baby due to the daycare issue. These kids have the least amount of daycare needs. If you have a child in September (at least here) they have an entire extra year before they start school!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #34
penelope picklebottom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I live in WI and have one May baby and one April baby. #3 is due in Dec. I think May is the best for several reasons. Weather is nice and you can get out right away. I did not have to suffer the summer heat during pregnancy and got to hide my extra weight under winter clothes. Now that DD is school age she enjoys having her birthday fall during the school year so she gets a special day, but the weather is usually nice enough that we can do outdoor parties or activities for family celebration. #3 is due at Christmas and I'm stressing about making the holiday nice for my oldest 2 when I don't know if we will still be pregnant, be in the hospital or home with a newborn and still exhausted.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #35
mrsgrantis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

march/april would be my vote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I vote May/June. For the reasons in the opening post. Plus you don't have to be huge in the heat of summer.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
kelly_jeanie
Registered Users
seller

Mine are March, August, and June in that order. I really wanted a June baby, I thought it would be perfect! But the year I had my youngest in June it was super hot up here, so I stayed inside in the air conditioning. I felt like the summer was wasted for my older 2.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #38
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had all my kids in mid September to early October. I like that time of year for having babies. Our short fall is during that time and then I snuggled in for the winter with a newbie. If I got to chose I would probably give birth in the spring instead. My kids are all born just after the school cut off which I don't like. I don't like how they can't start school until they are 6 and how they will be nearly 19 when they graduate high school. I don't want to be really pregnant in the summer because summer is my favorite time of year. I like the spring maybe March or April because the weather will be warming up soon and daylight is returning. When they are old enough for school they will make the cut off but not be the youngest in their class either. I also like how I will have a portable baby in the summer. If we have another I hope to have a spring baby.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 11-10-2012 at 11:51 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #39
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

I had babies in April, September, and October. I prefer having fall babies! I like being pregnant in the summer, I'm more comfortable in a bikini with a baby belly. Then I can stay covered up all winter long while losing the baby weight and snuggling in the house. I also think its nicer to cuddle the baby in the winter, with clothes on and under blankets. I had to put my spring baby down and wipe off sweat this summer, lol.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #40
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
March (you arent huge when its hot outside, and youre done with colds/flu for a while)....and its NO conincidence this baby is due in March! DS was born in August and I will NEVER do that again!

Last edited by amb2j; 11-14-2012 at 01:04 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote