Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Registered Users
Talking Greating from a hopeful CDer

Hello everyone!
I am a 21 year old mother to a 2 year old daughter, Adrianne, an angel ^5/12^, and a little man, Mason, due March 2013. I have been with DH for 6 and a half years, we just recently got married July 2011. I am so excited to try CDing. I'm sick of spending soo much money on sposies...
With DD I BW, co-slept, BF (for a few weeks but not very long cause DD was stubborn), and am wanting to CD with my little man on the way.
I don't really want to use disposable diapers on LO but DH doesn't want to do cloth. what is the best way to do both without doing just one or the other? Are gDiapers good to use? Trying to become a crunchier mamma but DH is a stubborn ox... planning on exclusively BFing for at least the first year, BWing a ton (going to make my own wovens and mei tei carriers), DH wont let me homebirth (but if we move is open to a birthing center and midwife), going to cosleep, etc. CDing is the next step i am willing to make and it's very cost effiecient... I just need ideas on a transition with this baby so that maybe the next can be fully CD... Any ideas, suggestions, encouragment, or even advice would be greatly appreciated.

Did he say why he doesnt want to CD? He just doesn't like it. he said it's not his fancy, that I am more than welcome to do it but if he's watching LO he'll use dispoables... any suggestions on a CD to use to ease DH into CDing?

add this to my list of why iwant to CD: DD went through 10 sposies today (she is 2 and potty training, mind you she was being watched by my grandparents who arent staying on top of it all that well apparently) I told this to DH and he said he'd rather spend all kinds of money on sposies because they're easier... umm hello YOU are the one who is wanting to get a new car, get us a house, as wellas a few other things in the next years.... Uh Why don't we SAVE some money by CDing instead of spending so much on sposies? are you retarded? End of Rant...

I am glad to find somewhere that I can get answers for getting started with CDing and even find some used ones just to try out. Can't wait to meet you all

forever_a_mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Greating from a hopeful CDer

I would personally say the ones that would be easiest for dd since he does not like them would be all in ones with aplix closures they are basically just like disposables except you have to wash and reuse them. Maybe you should try to do some research with you on cloth so he can see the difference between the two and how it will not only benefit lo but also you guys as a family. I can admit for some like my self it can be time consuming depending on what type you use and your personal setting for your household.
kielah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Greating from a hopeful CDer

eventually my husband broke down and did it, took a while but he did. We did mainly AIO and pockets
-Kathy, a WOHM mom to Victoria (11/11/07) and Lukas James (11/6/2012)!
kbz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote