Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
jlsquire0324
Registered Users

NFP Help!

I'm currently pregnant and baby is expected in December. This baby was conceived while using condoms and charting my cycle. No temps or cervical mucus etc.. We were TTA so I'm a bit scared of getting pregnant again quickly. Are there any books or anything to help me perhaps accurately predict when I ovulate??? Or any other suggestions??? I have some serious convictions and hesitations about hormonal birth control.. TIA!

Advertisement

jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsquire0324
I'm currently pregnant and baby is expected in December. This baby was conceived while using condoms and charting my cycle. No temps or cervical mucus etc.. We were TTA so I'm a bit scared of getting pregnant again quickly. Are there any books or anything to help me perhaps accurately predict when I ovulate??? Or any other suggestions??? I have some serious convictions and hesitations about hormonal birth control.. TIA!
Have you read taking charge of your fertility? It's like a bible to some NFPers. But even that book says you can't predict accurately ovulation. Just watch for it, and confirm it. Nothing's a sure thing!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
aarla93
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsquire0324
Yes. It's called Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler. I don't know if you have read this book or not but if you haven't, then you NEED to read this book to help you out. It teaches you to use a combination of methods to determine ovulation and fertile phases in your cycle. Charting alone will not help you avoid a pregnancy. You need to do a combo of 2 methods (Temp and checking cervical fluid) or 3 (Temp, cervical fluid & cervical position) all while you chart. You cannot be successful doing only one method alone. The FERTILITY AWARENESS method that is taught in this book is based on science and research. It teaches you how your body can tell you were you are at in your cycle, instead of having you predict you cycle based on past cycles (aka the "Rhythm method" -- which does NOT work) Good Luck!
aarla93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
aarla93
Registered Users

Ahha, I didn't realize someone else replied saying the same thing! I guess its more of a reason to buy the book!
aarla93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
jlsquire0324
Registered Users

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I wanted to know, I just didn't know where to start. :good vibes:
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote