Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
most supportive Ring Sling?

hi! i have a 100% linen SBP ring sling that is too small (well, i'd like the tail to be longer) for me. i want to get a new ring sling, and i love mine except the length, so i'm tempted to just get another SBP linen in a medium or large, but on her website, she says linen is better for smaller babies, it's not rated as toddler-worthy by her (the owner of SBP). i'm wondering what you guys think are the most supportive ring slings. i have a didy wrap i could get converted, but it's 100% cotton, and that won't be any better, right? i mean, wouldn't linen be MORE supportive? i also LOVELOVELOVE the look of all the girasol rainbows, but same thing with them, right? i mean, they're cotton, so they'd be less supportive i though? anyway, i have a touchy back so i need the most supportive thing possible. what do you guys think?

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Ladybugmama
Registered Users
seller

I think it's how the wrap is made that makes it more supportive, not just the material it's made out of. Wraps are woven on a loom which makes them more supportive I think. I have a wcrs & a linen from sbp & the WC is much more supportive.
Ladybugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: most supportive Ring Sling?

Over all the rs I have tried, the one I like best for comfort and least trying for my back is one I made with floating rings- this really allows the shoulder to spread out and have the rings high on my shoulder.
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/floating.html

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
borske
Registered Users
seller

I am thinking a wrap conversion would be more supportive. I'm actually getting one that is a wrap with 40% linen! So excited!
borske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
sambelina
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a wrap conversion that is bamboo/cotton. It's great for my squish, but not so great for a bigger babe. I also have a Maya Wrap that is 100% cotton and it's a dream. I used to carry my dd in it when she was 4 years/30lbs. I think it depends on the material and the weave. I have a diamond weave gira that I bet would make a lovely sling.
sambelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambelina
I have a wrap conversion that is bamboo/cotton. It's great for my squish, but not so great for a bigger babe. I also have a Maya Wrap that is 100% cotton and it's a dream. I used to carry my dd in it when she was 4 years/30lbs. I think it depends on the material and the weave. I have a diamond weave gira that I bet would make a lovely sling.
Love hearing this because I just bought a maya wrap ring sling from a mama and can't wait to try it!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 11-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a maya ring sling and I love it! DS is about 20 lbs.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
SarahBk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another vote for a wrap conversion. I love mine, and can still wear my toddler quite comfortably
SarahBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not sure exactly, but I ended up carrying my 40 pound toddler in the grocery store the other day. It was my plan to carry the baby...but the toddler was acting up so she went in the sling. It was surprisingly not uncomfortable, and that was just a cotton batik ring sling.