Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chat Thread ~ Nov 4th-10th

Welcome to another week, mamas!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 4th-10th

from last weeks' thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I feel like I traded my constant nausea to constant headache and on and off nausea. I guess it's probably healthier for baby since I can eat some but I'm not enjoying this.
Yesterday was my first bridal shower and I felt ok and was able to eat and it was really fun! I got 4 crock pots lol, pan set, dutch oven, and a bunch of other kitchen things that will come in handy. Then I brought my dress in to be altered, I had them put a corset back in so I have a little wiggle room and they added the bustle. I'm super excited to see it all done!
Boo for headaches. Hate them. Is it a side effect from the meds, do you think? Or maybe an "after effect" from your body being so out of whack from the severe m/s? either way.
Does Tylenol help with the headaches? I know that's safe for pregnancy. I also know that, for me, Tylenol is like candy, pretty useless. I have to take Advil liquigels for my headaches/migraines, or not bother at all. Advil is contraindicated during the first and third trimesters, but is all right to take during the 2nd trimester. Honestly, though, I didn't know about that until after Levi was born - so I took Advil as needed, anytime, through all those first pregnancies.

for a fun bridal shower! at the 4 crock pots, though! You probably only need one! FTR, I LOVE my dutch oven, too!
And for getting some dress stuff done - I'm excited all ready to see some dress and wedding pics from you!

AFM: After all the wonderful wiggles and movement last Sunday, I had very little, mostly no, movement all week. Very scary. I did feel the kick between DH and I mid-week... but I started to doubt that as nothing more came. Finally yesterday I got some more movement.
I don't know if I was running around and too busy through the week (possible with errands and halloween and dh's bday) to feel Babe, or maybe Babe was just turned the wrong way (for me to feel). Either way, it doesn't happen again.
DD's bday is this Friday - she just wants to have a few friends over, maybe for manicures and a movie, possibly a sleepover (if I get gutsy, lol). Then once that is done, I'll have some free time and I'll get to the Dr for an appt and the u/s referral next week.

Hoping to get to church this morning, but then we have to do a quick lunch and get back home cuz we have to take 3 pies to the town fall supper and help out serving tea for a couple hours. Oy. I dislike fall supper It's a good town fundraiser, but we don't go to it (too $$ and the kids don't eat anything anyways), and it just means we can't get anything done in town today.

Last edited by canadianbakers; 11-04-2012 at 06:45 AM.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH is in the woods hunting and I am anxiously waiting for the call that he got a deer! It saves us so much money on food when we have deer meat, and it is more healthy than meat at the store.

Also, sitting here excited thinking about our US on Thursday! Can't wait!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I don't THINK Tylenol helps headaches, unfortunately. If you're up for it, I'd maybe try a little liquid caffeine - hope you feel better soon.

AFM: my child is still going through the 24 month sleep regression and I'm tired of it. I thought it was over as its been fairly back to normal for a few days. But she woke me up 6x last night. Between that and the peeing and the cats and the husband coughing, I'm seriously surprised I'm able to function this morning. ah well, what can you do? Atleast when I know it's 'normal', it seems easier to swallow.

But I must move quickly now if I want a chance at getting to church on time. Pretty bad when the extra hour doesn't get you moving any quicker
Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh and it's been a no movement week for me too.... It is very scary. I just keep saying prayers. I'm sure the babies are just in weird positions.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i havent had movement yet. and the anxiety is making me have horrible dreams. last night i had a zombie dream (yes we are walking dead fans) and i had a dream i had to vaccum ants off my ceiling and a big spider was there. weird. then i dreamed i was bleeding, which i believe is from the no movement anxiety. plus after some rough DTD the other night i had some old blood in my mucus which i didnt really worry about since it happens every pregnncy for me at least once. with my ODD i rushed to the hospital for nothing, with my last DD i just ignored it and that was when i was around 7 weeks. i wasnt concered this time. i know the position we used made my cervix get more attention that usual
Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Elana--I hope the movement picks up again!

I haven't felt movement yet. I have my OB appointment a week from tomorrow, and the nurse was going to try to schedule the ultrasound or then. We met with a doula on Friday, and she is super sweet. She is the only doula around here, so I'm glad we like her. I'm not sure about the added expense since our OB is out of network and we have no idea how much we are going to end up paying.

The doula said that she had her kids in the hospital room with her when she gave birth, and her 9 year old DD filmed it. So we are thinking of having our girls there with us. It's a brand new hospital that was completed in the last couple months, so the birthing rooms are supposed to be very nice and big. She said the hospital also does "early release" (6 hours after birth) if you let them know beforehand so they can get the paperwork done quickly and if baby and mom are doing fine. I'm not sure if they will let us leave without naming the baby though, so that may be an issue since we usually don't have a name picked out.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

DP

Last edited by rverrone11; 11-04-2012 at 11:34 AM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
andrea020611
Registered Users

I've had little bits here and there that I thought might be movement, but the last two weeks I haven't felt anything. I can't wait to start feeling something more regularly. I guess "luckily" I'm still a bit queasy, so that's reassuring lol.

We gained an extra hour with the daylight savings time change here but DD was up for the day at 4:30 this morning. At least it felt like 5:30 but now it's only 1 in the afternoon and I'm dragging! I really really hope this bean is a good sleeper. I don't want to go through 1.5 years of no sleep again!!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was feeling a little movement, I thought, but haven't felt anything for awhile. Can't wait to though
Ill definitely post wedding pics BIL is a photographer so he's doing our pictures as a wedding gift!