Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
mibarra
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,985
Finally feeling intermittent movement!! . At my last appt where we did the quick US because of the heartbeat, the baby kicked the US probe.

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #12
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 4th-10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
DH is in the woods hunting and I am anxiously waiting for the call that he got a deer! It saves us so much money on food when we have deer meat, and it is more healthy than meat at the store.

Also, sitting here excited thinking about our US on Thursday! Can't wait!
I hope he gets one! I kwym - better meat and cheaper than buying from a store

Thursday isn't very far away at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I don't THINK Tylenol helps headaches, unfortunately. If you're up for it, I'd maybe try a little liquid caffeine - hope you feel better soon.

AFM: my child is still going through the 24 month sleep regression and I'm tired of it. I thought it was over as its been fairly back to normal for a few days. But she woke me up 6x last night. Between that and the peeing and the cats and the husband coughing, I'm seriously surprised I'm able to function this morning. ah well, what can you do? Atleast when I know it's 'normal', it seems easier to swallow.
Tylenol can help some people with headaches, but definitely not me - it doesn't help me with any pains or discomfort, though, because I od'ed quite a few times on it in my teens and built up a huge tolerance to it.

Ugh - no sleep sucks. Levi's usually a good sleeper too, so it's very tiring when he has an off night and wakes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Oh and it's been a no movement week for me too.... It is very scary. I just keep saying prayers. I'm sure the babies are just in weird positions.
you get some soon too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
i havent had movement yet. and the anxiety is making me have horrible dreams. last night i had a zombie dream (yes we are walking dead fans) and i had a dream i had to vaccum ants off my ceiling and a big spider was there. weird. then i dreamed i was bleeding, which i believe is from the no movement anxiety.
I know how unnerving lack of movement is, and I hate bad dreams - especially ones with bleeding or whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
Elana--I hope the movement picks up again!

I haven't felt movement yet. I have my OB appointment a week from tomorrow, and the nurse was going to try to schedule the ultrasound or then. We met with a doula on Friday, and she is super sweet. She is the only doula around here, so I'm glad we like her. I'm not sure about the added expense since our OB is out of network and we have no idea how much we are going to end up paying.

The doula said that she had her kids in the hospital room with her when she gave birth, and her 9 year old DD filmed it. So we are thinking of having our girls there with us. It's a brand new hospital that was completed in the last couple months, so the birthing rooms are supposed to be very nice and big. She said the hospital also does "early release" (6 hours after birth) if you let them know beforehand so they can get the paperwork done quickly and if baby and mom are doing fine. I'm not sure if they will let us leave without naming the baby though, so that may be an issue since we usually don't have a name picked out.
Thankfully I've felt Babe again some yesterday and today so far. I think I'm feeling more than I realize, or rather that Babe is moving more than I am realizing - with my other pregnancies I always took every thing as baby moving, kwim? This time I have to be absolutely sure that it's Babe before I'll let myself say it's movement.

I'm sure the paying and all will get worked out in the end, but it's very stressful when everything is up in the air.
The doula sounds very nice, though, and if it's a good "fit" with you and your DH, it's probably going to be worth it to make it work $$-wise, kwim?

We have a new mat floor at the hospital here, too - actually it's not really new anymore, it was built when we had DS1 - but it's very nice! All private (single) rooms, every one has its own bathroom, the rooms are fairly big, and all the medical equipment is kept behind closet or cupboard doors around the room so you don't see it. Really, they don't feel like hospital rooms, more like a rather nice hotel room!

You can't leave the hospital without naming baby? That's... strange. It's not a problem up here - the only issue is that if you take too long (I think they give 30 or 60 days after birth) to get the paperwork filed, there can be fees charged where there wouldn't normally be, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
I've had little bits here and there that I thought might be movement, but the last two weeks I haven't felt anything. I can't wait to start feeling something more regularly. I guess "luckily" I'm still a bit queasy, so that's reassuring lol.
you'll feel some good movement in the coming week too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I was feeling a little movement, I thought, but haven't felt anything for awhile. Can't wait to though
Ill definitely post wedding pics BIL is a photographer so he's doing our pictures as a wedding gift!
I can't wait to get good kicks that DH and the kids can feel outside my belly - the kids loved that with Levi, and I know it would make DH very happy and relieved.

My friend is a photographer and she does the same thing for her family members - gives them wedding photos as a gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Finally feeling intermittent movement!! . At my last appt where we did the quick US because of the heartbeat, the baby kicked the US probe.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #13
rverrone11's Avatar
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,979
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 4th-10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Thankfully I've felt Babe again some yesterday and today so far. I think I'm feeling more than I realize, or rather that Babe is moving more than I am realizing - with my other pregnancies I always took every thing as baby moving, kwim? This time I have to be absolutely sure that it's Babe before I'll let myself say it's movement.

I'm sure the paying and all will get worked out in the end, but it's very stressful when everything is up in the air.
The doula sounds very nice, though, and if it's a good "fit" with you and your DH, it's probably going to be worth it to make it work $$-wise, kwim?

We have a new mat floor at the hospital here, too - actually it's not really new anymore, it was built when we had DS1 - but it's very nice! All private (single) rooms, every one has its own bathroom, the rooms are fairly big, and all the medical equipment is kept behind closet or cupboard doors around the room so you don't see it. Really, they don't feel like hospital rooms, more like a rather nice hotel room!

You can't leave the hospital without naming baby? That's... strange. It's not a problem up here - the only issue is that if you take too long (I think they give 30 or 60 days after birth) to get the paperwork filed, there can be fees charged where there wouldn't normally be, kwim?
Glad you felt more movement! I know what you mean about being sure it's baby and not something else. I've felt some little twinges, but nothing that I'm sure about.

I had my first DD in a hospital, and they wanted us to name baby before we left so they could fill out the birth certificate. We had a homebirth with DD2, and I think the midwife gave us two weeks. I'm actually not sure if there are any laws...I'm definitely going to look into it. We didn't come up with DD2's middle name until at least a week after she was born.

ETA: In California, a birth must be registered within 10 days. If it's not, then I would have to file a Delayed Registration of Birth, which looks like a pain. I'm guessing that the hospital will require a name before releasing us so they can take care of the paperwork. That might rule out us leaving within 6 hours (or even a day).
__________________
~Rina~
wife to John (8/5/00) mom to D (7), A (4.5), and N (2)

Last edited by rverrone11; 11-04-2012 at 11:24 PM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #14
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 675
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 4th-10th

Hey ladies! Glad we are all doing pretty well, moving right along through our 2nd trimester! I am so excited to find out the gender of everyones baby! We are waiting til birth and i know some of the other mamas are too, but i am excited for those of you finding out in the upcoming weeks! I can't believe how time is just flying by! I will be 17 weeks tomorrow. 2 nights ago my dog woke me barking in the night and must have woke this little baby too cuz I felt lots of kicking around. So I put my hand on my tummy and could feel baby on my hand. Almost exactly where I was in my pregnancy with dd when we could feel her kicking from the outside too. I love that feeling. Since then I have felt it a few times a day/night so it's so exciting. Since I have been starting to feel better, I have been picking up more shifts at the hospital. I really enjoy work and need to save up for when the baby comes so I can hopefully take a few months off. I have been able to work out more too and ran a practice 5k on Friday and felt really good about it. But I can not get my eating under control! I don't mind gaining some extra weight, as long as its healthy. But I want cheeseburger and fries everyday (I don't eat it everyday) and homemade pizza, and ravioli with marinara. Etc. I am normally so healthy in my diet. But I can't go near chicken or fish this pregnant and I crave high calorie foods. And to be honest, I feel so much better after I eat them. Ugh. Oh well, just do my best like we all do.
__________________
Wife to the love of my life, mama to 2 beautiful blessings from God

Last edited by babyrosie; 11-05-2012 at 04:22 AM.
babyrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #15
RunawayBunny's Avatar
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6
DH is in the woods hunting and I am anxiously waiting for the call that he got a deer! It saves us so much money on food when we have deer meat, and it is more healthy than meat at the store.

Also, sitting here excited thinking about our US on Thursday! Can't wait!
Cool! Did he get one? DH and I agreed when we got married that we wouldnt have guns in the house except if he learned to hunt. He asked me about it a few months ago. I would be psyched if he brought home a deer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11
Elana--I hope the movement picks up again!

I haven't felt movement yet. I have my OB appointment a week from tomorrow, and the nurse was going to try to schedule the ultrasound or then. We met with a doula on Friday, and she is super sweet. She is the only doula around here, so I'm glad we like her. I'm not sure about the added expense since our OB is out of network and we have no idea how much we are going to end up paying.

The doula said that she had her kids in the hospital room with her when she gave birth, and her 9 year old DD filmed it. So we are thinking of having our girls there with us. It's a brand new hospital that was completed in the last couple months, so the birthing rooms are supposed to be very nice and big. She said the hospital also does "early release" (6 hours after birth) if you let them know beforehand so they can get the paperwork done quickly and if baby and mom are doing fine. I'm not sure if they will let us leave without naming the baby though, so that may be an issue since we usually don't have a name picked out.
Glad you found a nice doula! Thats nice that you can be released early. I dont think I would do that this birth (without dh and with ds), but that would have been awesome with my first birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Thankfully I've felt Babe again some yesterday and today so far. I think I'm feeling more than I realize, or rather that Babe is moving more than I am realizing - with my other pregnancies I always took every thing as baby moving, kwim? This time I have to be absolutely sure that it's Babe before I'll let myself say it's movement.

You can't leave the hospital without naming baby? That's... strange. It's not a problem up here - the only issue is that if you take too long (I think they give 30 or 60 days after birth) to get the paperwork filed, there can be fees charged where there wouldn't normally be, kwim?
Glad you are feeling things again. I bet you are right about the being more critical of whats a kick this time.

With ds we had to sign a paper (think i have mentioned this before) stating we would come to the hospital with a boy and girl name picked out (regardless of what the us said) because we needed to sign the birth certificate application within 24 hours of birth. Granted this was a military hospital and they make their own rules. They made us up a "temporary" birth certificate to get him enrolled in the military system, but we had 60 days to actually give that unit the temporary birth certificate... Handling a military birth, long distance is going to be FUN (sarcasm).
__________________
Meg, Momma to Joey (Feb 2010)
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #16
RunawayBunny's Avatar
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,163
So I am pretty certain morning sickness is supposed to calm down in the second trimester... not start at 17 weeks! I just threw up my banana while making our eggs this morning. It just came out of nowhere. I am actually worried its a stomach bug... but does that happen? Random ms at 17 weeks?
__________________
Meg, Momma to Joey (Feb 2010)
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #17
MrsCrafty's Avatar
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,886
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
So I am pretty certain morning sickness is supposed to calm down in the second trimester... not start at 17 weeks! I just threw up my banana while making our eggs this morning. It just came out of nowhere. I am actually worried its a stomach bug... but does that happen? Random ms at 17 weeks?
I hope not! Hope it doesn't happen again

There's no school today, DSD came home and I guess was throwing up all weekend. Hoping DS doesn't catch it! They've been bouncing off the walls all morning, it's only 8 and I've already sent them to their rooms! Thinking we might head into town to see a movie to distract them :-/
__________________
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #18
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 4th-10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I had my first DD in a hospital, and they wanted us to name baby before we left so they could fill out the birth certificate. We had a homebirth with DD2, and I think the midwife gave us two weeks. I'm actually not sure if there are any laws...I'm definitely going to look into it. We didn't come up with DD2's middle name until at least a week after she was born.

ETA: In California, a birth must be registered within 10 days. If it's not, then I would have to file a Delayed Registration of Birth, which looks like a pain. I'm guessing that the hospital will require a name before releasing us so they can take care of the paperwork. That might rule out us leaving within 6 hours (or even a day).
Oh heavens. That's a pain. I would fight them on it and say you know you have 10 days to register the birth, and you understand that you would need to come back for signatures or whatnot.
it's not too much trouble for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
Hey ladies! Glad we are all doing pretty well, moving right along through our 2nd trimester! I am so excited to find out the gender of everyones baby! We are waiting til birth and i know some of the other mamas are too, but i am excited for those of you finding out in the upcoming weeks! I can't believe how time is just flying by! I will be 17 weeks tomorrow. 2 nights ago my dog woke me barking in the night and must have woke this little baby too cuz I felt lots of kicking around. So I put my hand on my tummy and could feel baby on my hand. Almost exactly where I was in my pregnancy with dd when we could feel her kicking from the outside too. I love that feeling. Since then I have felt it a few times a day/night so it's so exciting. Since I have been starting to feel better, I have been picking up more shifts at the hospital. I really enjoy work and need to save up for when the baby comes so I can hopefully take a few months off. I have been able to work out more too and ran a practice 5k on Friday and felt really good about it. But I can not get my eating under control! I don't mind gaining some extra weight, as long as its healthy. But I want cheeseburger and fries everyday (I don't eat it everyday) and homemade pizza, and ravioli with marinara. Etc. I am normally so healthy in my diet. But I can't go near chicken or fish this pregnant and I crave high calorie foods. And to be honest, I feel so much better after I eat them. Ugh. Oh well, just do my best like we all do.
I can't wait to start feeling movement and kicks on the outside - I was looking through my notes from other pregnancies and it was always around 18 weeks that I could feel it, and then around 20 weeks that DH could. So, hopefully soon!!

fries - stupid McD's fries are my downfall! And homemade pizza is pretty healthy - just put on lots of veggies and not too much cheese!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
With ds we had to sign a paper (think i have mentioned this before) stating we would come to the hospital with a boy and girl name picked out (regardless of what the us said) because we needed to sign the birth certificate application within 24 hours of birth. Granted this was a military hospital and they make their own rules. They made us up a "temporary" birth certificate to get him enrolled in the military system, but we had 60 days to actually give that unit the temporary birth certificate... Handling a military birth, long distance is going to be FUN (sarcasm).
OMGoodness I sure hope you have an easier time of things with the names this time. That's ridiculous!
go into labor without names? have baby at home and show up to the hospital when you figure out baby's name - "sorry, you said not to come without names!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
So I am pretty certain morning sickness is supposed to calm down in the second trimester... not start at 17 weeks! I just threw up my banana while making our eggs this morning. It just came out of nowhere. I am actually worried its a stomach bug... but does that happen? Random ms at 17 weeks?
Hopefully it's a random thing, not m/s returning OR a tummy bug! Maybe it was something you smelled, or a weird combination of things?
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #19
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 4th-10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
There's no school today, DSD came home and I guess was throwing up all weekend. Hoping DS doesn't catch it! They've been bouncing off the walls all morning, it's only 8 and I've already sent them to their rooms! Thinking we might head into town to see a movie to distract them :-/
noone catches it! Has it been 24 hours since she was last sick?
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
MrsCrafty's Avatar
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,886
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

noone catches it! Has it been 24 hours since she was last sick?
Her mom says she was fine yesterday, she says she was sick yesterday :-/ hard to decide who is more reliable but she doesn't have a fever.
__________________
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.