Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #21
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
So I am pretty certain morning sickness is supposed to calm down in the second trimester... not start at 17 weeks! I just threw up my banana while making our eggs this morning. It just came out of nowhere. I am actually worried its a stomach bug... but does that happen? Random ms at 17 weeks?
I will gag/throw up randomly... Still. A coughing fit made me gag the other day. DH came home from work smelling like cigarettes... Dry heaved. Smelled commercial eggs being scrambled... Threw up.

Hopefully it's nothing!

Advertisement

KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #22
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH

I will gag/throw up randomly... Still. A coughing fit made me gag the other day. DH came home from work smelling like cigarettes... Dry heaved. Smelled commercial eggs being scrambled... Threw up.

Hopefully it's nothing!
I don't have morning sickness, but am still hypersensitive to smells/textures. I can't hardly take pills and some things just send me over the edge...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 4th-10th

So sorry about the headaches! I had horrific headaches with DS and the only thing that helped was of course not on the "approved" list for my dr's list of meds I could take. Excedrin Migraine. She did approve it after talking with me about it, and no more than 2 a day (I used to get them bad by lunch, so took the 2 pill dose with lunch) and a coke and it helped a ton. I tried not to do it more than a few times a week. In my case, if I do nothing, it doesn't go away. I'll struggle to sleep with one and by the next day it's usually a migraine. If I take the meds and ward it off, I won't need them again for a few days at least. If it does like like pregnancy, it'll get worse the further along I get.

I have taken it a handful of times now, thank goodness excedrin migraine came back on the market this October because I had a couple rough weeks when I couldn't find it anywhere.

I think the issue with it is later in pregnancy. So worth asking the dr about IMHO because it's awful to have a headache all day every day!

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 11-05-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #24
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sitting here watching my kiddo play at an outdoor play place (thankfully she slept through the night!!) and they have coffee and I want it!!

And I know you can have some - I didn't cut it out until the baby started telling me 'no!'. But... I don't think the baby likes it. I do miss coffee. Warm and sweet.

I know it's good and normal, but I always gain the most weight on Monday morning weigh-ins. Plbbt!! I guess cause its the start of a new week.

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #25
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im having some weird feelings. i dont know if its braxton hicks or baby pushing? im thinking it BH since i havent felt movement yet, but it does feel like baby pushing out too...not sure
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #26
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Maybe

I've been having tons of BH, for me, everything feels tight for a moment, which could be similar to a baby pushing out. But it's the whole area. Are you just feeling a small area do that?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #27
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

not sure.lol. i think the baby is too small to do what i feel though. im gonna say its BH. im really overthinking baby movement. it consumes my day
Old 11-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena
not sure.lol. i think the baby is too small to do what i feel though. im gonna say its BH. im really overthinking baby movement. it consumes my day
Does it feel like a tightening or pressure, especially in you lower abdominal area? That's usually BH. I'm getting some here and there already. Baby movement for me at this point feels like being punched by one of the Fisher Price Little People. It's a small, concentrated feeling
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #29
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
So sorry about the headaches! I had horrific headaches with DS and the only thing that helped was of course not on the "approved" list for my dr's list of meds I could take. Excedrin Migraine. She did approve it after talking with me about it, and no more than 2 a day (I used to get them bad by lunch, so took the 2 pill dose with lunch) and a coke and it helped a ton. I tried not to do it more than a few times a week. In my case, if I do nothing, it doesn't go away. I'll struggle to sleep with one and by the next day it's usually a migraine. If I take the meds and ward it off, I won't need them again for a few days at least. If it does like like pregnancy, it'll get worse the further along I get.
I'm the same way - if I don't take something right away when I start feeling or noticing (I get visual and auditory auras) a headache coming on, it grows to a migraine.
Mine have always been better when I'm pregnant than when I'm not, but this time I've had a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Sitting here watching my kiddo play at an outdoor play place (thankfully she slept through the night!!) and they have coffee and I want it!!

And I know you can have some - I didn't cut it out until the baby started telling me 'no!'. But... I don't think the baby likes it. I do miss coffee. Warm and sweet.

I know it's good and normal, but I always gain the most weight on Monday morning weigh-ins. Plbbt!! I guess cause its the start of a new week.

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!
Silly baby, not liking coffee

Weigh-ins?! I've mentioned before, in other threads, I really can't remember the last time I weighed myself. And I can't remember exactly what my weight was then!
Heavier than before I was pregnant, not as heavy as I'll be in another few months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
Im having some weird feelings. i dont know if its braxton hicks or baby pushing? im thinking it BH since i havent felt movement yet, but it does feel like baby pushing out too...not sure
it's baby and he gives you a real kick so you can be sure!
My BH are definitely different than baby moving/pushing. They're almost always uncomfortable, sometimes painful, and an all over, all around my belly tightening - like someone is squeezing just my belly.
But I think I know the pushing feeling you're talking about - maybe baby is facing your back, so you don't feel kicks, but can feel his back/body when he pushes against your back with his feet, kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #30
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

talk about weigh ins, i weighed myself the other day, im up 7 pds. i blame the halloween candy