Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #71
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Your thoughts on tossing toddler in air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
Wow, rude much? I said my opinion in a calm, respectful way.
I'm very sorry if I was rude.

I was all fired up from something else when I responded, and it was said with a laughing tone, not a rude, snarky one. More like, "lol, it's really not a big deal" not "OMG you idiot. of course it's not a big deal!"

My rudeness wasn't directed at YOU. My sincere apologies.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #72
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
No, we dont toss our kids.

I really have no interest since I cannot stand the ER and with our luck we would end up needing a ct scan and stitches.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #73
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
Because its a game both my dd and dh enjoy. Just because it makes me worry a little doesn't mean they shouldnt be able to do it. Hes never dropped her and doesn't throw her what I would consider too high.
this is how I feel too
Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #74
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have zero issues with it. DH and I both did it all the time with DS when he was smaller. He's 36+lbs now. Neither of our backs can handle that anymore!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #75
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
I'm very sorry if I was rude.

I was all fired up from something else when I responded, and it was said with a laughing tone, not a rude, snarky one. More like, "lol, it's really not a big deal" not "OMG you idiot. of course it's not a big deal!"

My rudeness wasn't directed at YOU. My sincere apologies.
Thanks for the apology. I know I sometimes come across as grumpy and rude, so I even double checked my post to make sure, lol.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #76
mommy2abigail
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I never would have thought so many people didn't like it/felt it was unsafe!!! We've thrown our kiddos up in the air since late infancy (like 9-10 months) and they've all loved it. Dh can throw dd4 up so high she can touch our ceiling! It's her favorite 'party trick' lol. My dh is actually the more conservative one of the two of us, so I've never had an issue with him doing it. He is a stunt man/gymnast so I trust he will be safe. There is a possibility of my kids getting hurt in almost everything they do, so I don't worry over this particular thing. Our kids are all crazy climbing active little monkeys.
mommy2abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #77
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2abigail View Post
I never would have thought so many people didn't like it/felt it was unsafe!!! We've thrown our kiddos up in the air since late infancy (like 9-10 months) and they've all loved it. Dh can throw dd4 up so high she can touch our ceiling! It's her favorite 'party trick' lol. My dh is actually the more conservative one of the two of us, so I've never had an issue with him doing it. He is a stunt man/gymnast so I trust he will be safe. There is a possibility of my kids getting hurt in almost everything they do, so I don't worry over this particular thing. Our kids are all crazy climbing active little monkeys.

I actually thought it was an odd question to ask, doesn't everyone toss their kid around? I guess not! Today my 9 month old and I were in an empty section of target and playing I'm-gonna-get-you, which always ends with me getting him and tossing him up in the air. It does make me incredibly nervous when I see dads toss kids 3-4 feet in the air. If you can say Mississipi while the kid is in the air that is too high for my comfort.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote