Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Mercy24
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm so mad I could spit

All summer long we dealt with drawn out construction directly above our apartment because they were doing renovations. Well now there's a tenant in there and they are so freaking LOUD. It's 11:30 at night and I had to go up there to ask them to turn it down for like the 900th time since they moved in and he actually SLAMMED the door in my face and told me "it's fine". WTF, umm no it's not fine. The neighbor across the hall came out to see what was going on and when he knocked the guy's gf answered. She acted like there was no way he slammed the door in my face and actually said that my son cries too much so it doesn't matter that they have they're tv up loud. Seriously. First off, my kid is pretty freaking chill considering there's constantly techno/video games/screaming blaring from their apartment. Secondly, how does my son occasionally crying have anything to do with how loud their tv is?!?!?! I told her I was calling the property manager and the cops next time cause this is ridiculous and it states in the lease that noise violations will get you evicted and a $1000 fine!

Thanks to anyone who actually read all that, I just need to vent a little.

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Blegh.
:-(

That sounds horrible. I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Re: I'm so mad I could spit

I hate neighbours from hell! I have one! *hugs*
Puppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #4
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Arrrrg! So sorry your new neighbors suck. Definitely call the property manager and see if the city has a noise ordinance. I hate loud neighbors, and I despise rudeness. My neighbors upstairs are incredibly loud. They like to party every other weekend. On other nights they like to watch sporting events and cheer as loud as possible. However, they aren't rude and have always quieted down when asked. I just don't bother asking them to shut up every day.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That sucks. This is why I am thankful for low COL so we can have a house. I would not deal well with all the noise.