Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Why is my baby rubbing his face on everything?

my son (5mo) does it all the time when he is tired. even if it makes his face or nose red it's not a big deal to me. I rather him do that than rub his face with his hands bc sometimes he claws himself.

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My baby does this when he is tired or frustrated. Also when his nose is runny, he "wipes" at his nose but just rubs all over his face.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Could he have an allergy and an itch? If the increase in nose rubbing coincided with the weather change and heaters coming on for the first time, perhaps a dust allergy? Our kids are both allergic to dust mites and go through an itchy sneezy adjustment period when the heaters first come on for the year.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:36 AM   #14
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

Over tired seems to be the win......but I'm really not sure this is what is going on for him.

I hadn't considered an allergy. I have food and skin sensitivities and so does ds, but no seasonal allergies or anything like that for me so I guess that isn't on my radar. Two things: we are visiting family and they have more pets and clean less frequently than I do at home. Also it has been cold and the heat has been on non stop. I will see if they have a humidifier to run in the bedroom to see if that helps.

He screamed from 5:15 to 5:45 this morning wanting to do nothing but rub his face on me, wouldn't even nurse. This is pushing my buttons big time.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #15
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My youngest is this way and has been since birth. He would dig his face into whatever was closest. He still does this at 2 years old. No allergies or symptoms of allergies.

I love co-sleeping but we had to give it up since DS's need to rub his face ended up with DH and I get head-butted pretty frequently. It's not the best way to be aroused from a deep sleep, let me tell you.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #16
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 2 month old DS does this. I hadn't thought much of it, but I would guess he's overtired when he does it, too. The only way I can usually get him to stop is by patting his back or butt really firmly. Which puts him to sleep, which would mean he's not rubbing his face.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #17
wittyvitty
Registered Users
seller

My LO does it when she is sleepy
wittyvitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
The screaming while doing it would have me concerned enough to have the ped take a look and get his/her thoughts(maybe try to video it so the ped can see exactly what your talking about). My girls did odd things when sleepy and overtired but they never screamed for half an hour while doing it-whiney, fussy, a little crying, sure but not scream

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #19
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets
The screaming while doing it would have me concerned enough to have the ped take a look and get his/her thoughts(maybe try to video it so the ped can see exactly what your talking about). My girls did odd things when sleepy and overtired but they never screamed for half an hour while doing it-whiney, fussy, a little crying, sure but not scream
This. The screaming would concern me as well.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #20
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

I am definitely going to have his doctor check at his 6 mo appt. but the admins screwed up and now he isn't scheduled until after thanksgiving. We are on the cancellation list and waiting.

Ds is generally a screamer and very sensitive to his body ( teething I would have guessed he was dying if I didn't see the scabs in his gums as the teeth were poking through) so I'm not immediately very worried. But yeah in my mind it's something bugging him not just tired.

Humidifier is set up and we will see if that helps at all. Also vacuumed really well in the bedroom and am keeping the door closed to keep the animals from coming back in.

He has reflux but is on meds.....could they be related?