Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

With my oldest I knew it was a boy without a doubt, and it was. With my second pregnancy I had no idea about gender, but I knew there was more than one. Now I have twin boys.

Advertisement

thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Did you have a "hunch" about the gender?

I have been wrong with all three.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
abhernandez
Registered Users

I did... starting at around 6 weeks. I had dreams and the baby just felt boyish. And although he's not here yet, 2 ultrasounds have confirmed my suspicions. And although there are only 2 options thus everyone has a 50% shot of guessing correctly, I read somewhere that the mama will guess right 70% of the time, which is surprisingly high.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:
I was wrong with the first 3 and right with this last one.

My first I was convinced it was a boy, even called her our boy name while she was in utero. Boy, I was surprised at that 20 week sono. The second time I was convinced it was a boy because my symptoms were so different than the first time. Nope, girl. For my third, I just thought it was a girl because we had already had girls. Nope, boy. With this one, I really desired a girl but I knew in my heart it was a boy and I was right. I had 3 dreams prior to the ultrasound and it was me in the ultrasound room and each time it was a boy. Those dreams came true.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #15
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I just knew my first was a girl. No ultrasound. I didn't actually think about it though. I just didn't prepare for a boy. I had a bunch of hand made dresses and no boy clothes at all. We did have a boy name but I had that name picked out before my husband and I were even dating.

With my second I knew we were having a boy. No ultrasound. With him not only did We not have girl clothes we didn't even have a girl name picked out. When my in laws would ask if we had finally settled on a girl name I would tell them there wasn't any point in discussing girl names as we were having a boy. They didn't believe me until our son was born.

Our youngest I hadn't a clue until ultrasound showed without a doubt the very detailed boy anatomy. No room for mistakes. I had picture proof my baby was a boy. After that any time people would say ultrasounds could make gender mistakes all I had to do was show my ultrasound pics. They no longer doubted it's accuracy in our case.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was right with DS1 and DS2, but wrong with DS3. We're expecting DS4 now, and I was right with him as well (unless all the ultrasounds end up being wrong ).
Old 11-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

With DD I felt girl but DH's whole extended family has all boys so he convinced me it was a boy but nope she was indeed a girl With DS I had a strong feeling he was a boy and yep I was right. This time I also had strong feelings it was a girl and sure enough we are expecting a girl. Guess my intuition is pretty good

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #18
andrea020611
Registered Users

DH comes from a family full of boys and I always thought I would have boys, so I was completely convinced DD would be a DS. I was shocked when the midwife said "it's a girl". This time around I am 50/50... I have no feeling either way, and apparently my intuition sucks anyway lol.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The first two I knew were boys and would have lots of red hair. (DH and I both have red hair) I had horrible heart burn.

this one I was convinced again that it was a boy, only bald--no heartburn (DH's family there are only boys. He has 2 sisters that have kids and all of us have had boys) and out popped a dark haired baby girl. She has tons of hair. I had to ask the dr if she was sure and double check. LOL!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was wrong both times. I was convinced ds was a girl so I never even picked out a name for him until I was in labor.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote