Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Veg's Dragonflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Whooping cough .........

I'm trying to treat whooping cough homeopathicly and naturally. (his pediatrician trusts me and knows that I will call if things don't wrk out) He is 5 months, breastfed and non-vaxed. (m kids are usually never sick) This is my 7th baby and only one other child got the whoping cough. She was around 7 months and was hospitalized and cae through it with flying colors. We are doing pertussis homeopathic drops and nutri-silver drops. I'm tsking garlic so it will be in my breasmilk and eating plenty of fruits with vit C. Trying to keep my baby out of the hospital. So please give me any advise/toughts that you Mamas have to offer.

UPDATE! - First of all I wanted to thank all the mums that came on here to give their insight and strength. I want to thank the rest for commenting and asking questions. I don't ever think we can be to educated. As for my little guy... his wooping cough only lasted about 3.5 weeks. We kicked it like you wouldn't believe. I kept him from crying by continually holding him, giving him hot shower, rubbing eucalyptus/olive oil/garlic blend (that my dear son made for him) on him every time I couldn't smell it strongly, colliodal silver every two hours, homeopathic pertussis every two hours, organic vitamin C liquid three times a day, and keeping him latched onto the breast 24/7., sleeping elevated and most of all determination to make it through this with a minamal amout of dicomfort. IF anyone every has any questions please feel free to PM me and I will try to help.

Advertisement

Last edited by Veg's Dragonflies; 12-12-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Veg's Dragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

What is the benefit of treating it naturally?
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Veg's Dragonflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whooping cough .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
What is the benefit of treating it naturally?
Avoiding anti-biotic, breathing treatments with meds and hospitalization.
Doing it this way will hopefully be boosting the immune system instead making the whole thing last longer.

Last edited by Veg's Dragonflies; 11-04-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Veg's Dragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

Someone I know had good luck with garlic infused olive oil. Chop/mince several cloves of garlic and cover with olive oil either in a double boiler or glass jar/cup in a pan of water. Heat on the stove (not boiling, just let the water get steaming hot) for 20 minutes. Apply the infused oil to the soles of your LO's feet and put socks on. We've used it ourselves to treat colds and other minor illness, but the person who told me about it used it successfully on their toddler's whooping cough. Store it in the fridge between uses. We just leave the garlic in the oil to make the infusion even stronger over time. Hope it helps you!
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No advice but very brave mama. I'm glad you are being so proactive.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Veg's Dragonflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarnjess View Post
Someone I know had good luck with garlic infused olive oil. Chop/mince several cloves of garlic and cover with olive oil either in a double boiler or glass jar/cup in a pan of water. Heat on the stove (not boiling, just let the water get steaming hot) for 20 minutes. Apply the infused oil to the soles of your LO's feet and put socks on. We've used it ourselves to treat colds and other minor illness, but the person who told me about it used it successfully on their toddler's whooping cough. Store it in the fridge between uses. We just leave the garlic in the oil to make the infusion even stronger over time. Hope it helps you!

Thanks! my 14 yr old son is starting it right now. Baby has been attached to the breast for the last 24 hours. I am taking garlic raw so bewteen the two of us I am praying that he will get through this quickly and and as painless as possible.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Veg's Dragonflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laila View Post
No advice but very brave mama. I'm glad you are being so proactive.
Thanks for the support.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can you not do this and do modern medicine as well? Hopefully you will minimize the antibiotics and length of stay, but still have the added safety net?
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
Veg's Dragonflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy View Post
Can you not do this and do modern medicine as well? Hopefully you will minimize the antibiotics and length of stay, but still have the added safety net?

If I do the antibiotics then I just weeken the immune system. However, I am getting prepared in case we have to go to the hospital. I would never endanger him just because I want to treat him naturally. Our doc has been our pedi. for over 18 years. He's not an all natural type doc but he knows me well enough and trust my judgment. If I do antibiotics right now then I will completely defeat the purpose of doing this naturally. I've used natural and homeopthic products for around 15 years but never used the homeopathic for pertussis. My children are very rarely sick but when they are they come through it with flying colors. I have used the same methods to heal animals too. I picked my brothers cat up from the vet after the vet wanted to put her down because he diagnosed her with lukemia and said she only had 24 hrs to live. I brought her home with me, put her in a large cage in my kitchen and gave her nutra-silver, echinachea, barley green and colostrum. She lived a very healthy life for 8 more years. So I am not so much as scared that I'm not going to do it right but, wanted to make sure I was doing all that I could. And wanted to know if anyone else had treated the same way.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You are a brave woman.
I'm not an expert in anything, I mean that. But I had good results w fish oil for my daughters asthma exacerbations. ( i used western medicine as well- until i felt i she had enough reserve for me to try wo them) I got the liquid from Nordic Naturals.
I m sure you know about the benefits for fish oil. I couldn't imagine it could be any better than colostrum or breast milk.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote