Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
CD21 Progesterone check

I go to get my levels checked in the morning, but don't know what to expect. Is it a finger prick or vial? How soon should I get the results back?

Advertisement

KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
isabelsmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: CD21 Progesterone check

I just had my day 21 blood draw and it was 2 vials i think. My dr's office usually has results in a week or less.
Lisa, child of the One True King, momma to Beanie 5/08 , soon to be adoptive momma to Tank 6/13 and foster for now/hoping to be forever momma to Blue 1/13 and wife to the love of my life The Fun One 10/02
isabelsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: CD21 Progesterone check

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma View Post
I go to get my levels checked in the morning, but don't know what to expect. Is it a finger prick or vial? How soon should I get the results back?
I just had this done last cycle. My CD21 happened to be on a Friday, so I didn't get my results back until Monday afternoon, but I think normal is within 24-48 hours depending on the lab. It was a full vial blood draw, but it was a very quick and painless (I don't mind giving blood) experience. When I got the results they told me my progesterone # and the nurse told me that my Doc. said the # indicated that I am ovulating on my own. I don't know much about what the numbers are higher or lower that would indicate an ovulation issue, but I'm sure that you could ask, or look it up. It should be easy peasy for you! Good luck, mama!