Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big news!

Yay for good news all around! Congrats!

Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you everyone! I am now feeling him move more and more too and it's such a great feeling. Now onto the task of working with the hubby on the circumcision issue. I don't want to do it, but of course he hasn't seen all the facts. I figure I have about 5 months to convince him though lol.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KittyKat~
Thank you everyone! I am now feeling him move more and more too and it's such a great feeling. Now onto the task of working with the hubby on the circumcision issue. I don't want to do it, but of course he hasn't seen all the facts. I figure I have about 5 months to convince him though lol.
You may have to do what I did with DS. I pulled the mama card in the hospital and said "NO" and DH eventually came around when DS was a couple months old. I pick my battles with DH, and that was something that was worth it to me to really stand my ground on.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
You may have to do what I did with DS. I pulled the mama card in the hospital and said "NO" and DH eventually came around when DS was a couple months old. I pick my battles with DH, and that was something that was worth it to me to really stand my ground on.
Well, I don't think he is completely closed minded. I just think he is more of a go with the flow type when it comes to the kids. But he does listen when things are important to me and I think if I can get some facts together on paper that I can change his mind. He has just of course always been taught that it leads to more infections and stuff but then again he also knows it was started for religious reasons, and he is an Athiest. So at least I don't have to deal with the religious argument, it's more the health aspect of it for him.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #15
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well if you don't agree it's ok. It's not either of your bodies. It belongs to your son. Hubby and I will probably never agree so I said we should let our son decide. To me, it's the only ethical choice. No other body part is legally or socially allowed to be removed for prophilactic protection from potential disease.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KittyKat~ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KittyKat~ View Post
Well, I don't think he is completely closed minded. I just think he is more of a go with the flow type when it comes to the kids. But he does listen when things are important to me and I think if I can get some facts together on paper that I can change his mind. He has just of course always been taught that it leads to more infections and stuff but then again he also knows it was started for religious reasons, and he is an Athiest. So at least I don't have to deal with the religious argument, it's more the health aspect of it for him.
There is no reason to circumcise, unless it's medically needed. Routine circumcision is just wrong.

As for going with the flow - it's less and less common to circumcise now. In fact, in Canada it used to be covered by our health care. Now it's not. It's something you pay for out of pocket because it's elective. Because there is no medical necessity or reason for just doing it.

Also, the ped asked DH about it with DS2 (I was under general for a c-sec) and when DH said we have chosen not to circ our boys, the ped said "Good. I hate doing those things."

To me, this speaks volumes to the health aspect and that whole argument. Basically, that argument likens circumcision to vaccinations - doing something now to prevent problems later - right? Well, vaccinations are all still covered by health care up here, and circumcision is not - if it was a good choice for health reasons, it would still be covered and recommended by Drs.

And the whole argument about wanting the son to "look like daddy" is just utter crap. Seriously. There's going to be, what - a 20-30 some odd year age difference between son and dad - you think those penises are ever going to look alike?!
And, really, are they ever honestly going to compare their penises?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KittyKat~

Present him with the facts. There's a study out about increased pain response after circumcision I think. Something about circed boys crying/screaming more during shots than uncirced ones. I can't remember.

Anyway, I think your best argument is you can always circ later. Can't uncirc.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD Crashing--

Congrats!! I have a Connor Joseph and a Logan Lee...so obviously I love the name! lol
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with you ladies whole heartedly. I have done the research all the way back when I was pregnant with my daughter before I knew she was a girl. I managed to convince the Ex DH so I don't forsee a problem this time. I know the procedure is not needed and more harmful than good, just need to make sure he sees that