Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #31
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

your the BEST!!!! Thank you!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #32
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is why I need to lose weight. I'm super awesome with food.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #33
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
This is why I need to lose weight. I'm super awesome with food.
Yeah but don't we all!!! I love me some food!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #34
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

carrie (and all), I'd love to be cheerleaders for each other! yeah, I started lead the "Big Mama's Weightloss thread" for a while in the health and weightloss board before getting preggo with kezia. I started it because asI was about to join a different weightloss thread, I saw a mom post that her goal was to lose 2lbs and to tone up. don't get me wrong, if I was in the right weight bracket, I'm sure I'd have goals like that too. but, since I'm not, it just felt really awkward talking about toooooooootally different struggles and challenges. yeah, i'd need to lose half of me, and i'd still be overweight. mm-hmm. yeah, challenge! i'm focusing on little steps and making lots of little decisions that will pay off in the long run. i'm attempting to think of every meal/snack as the "start" of my diet...not a chance to "cheat" cuz I've been doing good.
we'll see how it goes.

oh, another really good marriage teacher is Mark Gunger who teaches Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage. while on the one hand, he is incredibly funny in the way he presents the topics, it is so right on the money in terms of differences between men and women and our different needs. really good. lots of places host his seminars (usually through dvd). wayne and I attended one a while back and bought the dvd set ourselves...it was that good. laughed, but also learned a ton!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
I started it because asI was about to join a different weightloss thread, I saw a mom post that her goal was to lose 2lbs and to tone up. don't get me wrong, if I was in the right weight bracket, I'm sure I'd have goals like that too.
I am sure that is a valid goal but Seriously!!!! Just weigh yourself in the morning I way like 3lbs lighter in the morning.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #36
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yah, just part of marriage! Thanks for the links Naomi! and I know you can accomplish your weight loss and be an example to your kids
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #37
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I am sure that is a valid goal but Seriously!!!! Just weigh yourself in the morning I way like 3lbs lighter in the morning.
i know, right!!!

actually, I've been working really hard to NOT gorge on carbs/starches and it is already paying off. I think the 318 weight must have been right after a meal or something, cuz I think the next day I was at 314, so I'll probably count from there... but today the scale said 309.8 I'm pretty excited, I haven't been below 310 in at least 2 months. I think I'll believe I'm really doing this when I get below 300 AND i've been working on this for about a month and am still going strong.
I think that is going to be part of my goal too. keeping with it for more than a few days at a time.

had the ladies craft night last night. small group, but it was great. showed 2 gals how to sew and they made the little drawstring bag...and they did awesome, I was so proud. but now, I've got bags and boxes of craft junk that I lugged there spread all over the kitchen and living room. off to do some cleaning...and drink more water, keep forgetting that.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #38
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
i know, right!!!

actually, I've been working really hard to NOT gorge on carbs/starches and it is already paying off. I think the 318 weight must have been right after a meal or something, cuz I think the next day I was at 314, so I'll probably count from there... but today the scale said 309.8 I'm pretty excited, I haven't been below 310 in at least 2 months. I think I'll believe I'm really doing this when I get below 300 AND i've been working on this for about a month and am still going strong.
I think that is going to be part of my goal too. keeping with it for more than a few days at a time.

had the ladies craft night last night. small group, but it was great. showed 2 gals how to sew and they made the little drawstring bag...and they did awesome, I was so proud. but now, I've got bags and boxes of craft junk that I lugged there spread all over the kitchen and living room. off to do some cleaning...and drink more water, keep forgetting that.

I gained a ton of weight with my boys and I had alot to loose. I just set small goals for each week and that kept me focused. Also rememeber your doing this for your health. You want the diabetes GONE!!!!!

Good luck we are here to support you. Whatever the issue is we have all been through something and can relate. We are your cheerleaders!!!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #39
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got the carrier and I love it. I can carry both the littles in it! It has some kind of sewing flaws, but (deep breath) I'm letting it go. I will have to get better pics but I had to share one from right out of the package.

Last edited by estradaamyl; 04-30-2013 at 01:07 PM.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
That looks awesome!

For Veterans Day Dh always wears his dress uniform. It makes him feel like he is honoring other military servicemen who aren't with us any longer. I snapped this of him and dd when we got home from church.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote