Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #31
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

your the BEST!!!! Thank you!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #32
estradaamyl's Avatar
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,137
My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

This is why I need to lose weight. I'm super awesome with food.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #33
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
This is why I need to lose weight. I'm super awesome with food.
Yeah but don't we all!!! I love me some food!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #34
heyuitsme's Avatar
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Manitowoc, WI
Posts: 2,283
My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

carrie (and all), I'd love to be cheerleaders for each other! yeah, I started lead the "Big Mama's Weightloss thread" for a while in the health and weightloss board before getting preggo with kezia. I started it because asI was about to join a different weightloss thread, I saw a mom post that her goal was to lose 2lbs and to tone up. don't get me wrong, if I was in the right weight bracket, I'm sure I'd have goals like that too. but, since I'm not, it just felt really awkward talking about toooooooootally different struggles and challenges. yeah, i'd need to lose half of me, and i'd still be overweight. mm-hmm. yeah, challenge! i'm focusing on little steps and making lots of little decisions that will pay off in the long run. i'm attempting to think of every meal/snack as the "start" of my diet...not a chance to "cheat" cuz I've been doing good.
we'll see how it goes.

oh, another really good marriage teacher is Mark Gunger who teaches Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage. while on the one hand, he is incredibly funny in the way he presents the topics, it is so right on the money in terms of differences between men and women and our different needs. really good. lots of places host his seminars (usually through dvd). wayne and I attended one a while back and bought the dvd set ourselves...it was that good. laughed, but also learned a ton!
__________________
Naomi, wife to Wayne (7.24.04) 314.8****310****305****300[christmas goal]
Sydney(8.10.07), Corey, heaven baby(8.6.08), Elijah(8.25.09), Kezia (8.12.11)
Praise the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort [others] with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Cor. 1:3-4
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
I started it because asI was about to join a different weightloss thread, I saw a mom post that her goal was to lose 2lbs and to tone up. don't get me wrong, if I was in the right weight bracket, I'm sure I'd have goals like that too.
I am sure that is a valid goal but Seriously!!!! Just weigh yourself in the morning I way like 3lbs lighter in the morning.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #36
Lifeisjoy's Avatar
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,758
My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

Yah, just part of marriage! Thanks for the links Naomi! and I know you can accomplish your weight loss and be an example to your kids
__________________
Hallie~Daughter of God Wife to Marques
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #37
heyuitsme's Avatar
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Manitowoc, WI
Posts: 2,283
My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I am sure that is a valid goal but Seriously!!!! Just weigh yourself in the morning I way like 3lbs lighter in the morning.
i know, right!!!


actually, I've been working really hard to NOT gorge on carbs/starches and it is already paying off. I think the 318 weight must have been right after a meal or something, cuz I think the next day I was at 314, so I'll probably count from there... but today the scale said 309.8 I'm pretty excited, I haven't been below 310 in at least 2 months. I think I'll believe I'm really doing this when I get below 300 AND i've been working on this for about a month and am still going strong.
I think that is going to be part of my goal too. keeping with it for more than a few days at a time.

had the ladies craft night last night. small group, but it was great. showed 2 gals how to sew and they made the little drawstring bag...and they did awesome, I was so proud. but now, I've got bags and boxes of craft junk that I lugged there spread all over the kitchen and living room. off to do some cleaning...and drink more water, keep forgetting that.
__________________
Naomi, wife to Wayne (7.24.04) 314.8****310****305****300[christmas goal]
Sydney(8.10.07), Corey, heaven baby(8.6.08), Elijah(8.25.09), Kezia (8.12.11)
Praise the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort [others] with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Cor. 1:3-4
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #38
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
i know, right!!!


actually, I've been working really hard to NOT gorge on carbs/starches and it is already paying off. I think the 318 weight must have been right after a meal or something, cuz I think the next day I was at 314, so I'll probably count from there... but today the scale said 309.8 I'm pretty excited, I haven't been below 310 in at least 2 months. I think I'll believe I'm really doing this when I get below 300 AND i've been working on this for about a month and am still going strong.
I think that is going to be part of my goal too. keeping with it for more than a few days at a time.

had the ladies craft night last night. small group, but it was great. showed 2 gals how to sew and they made the little drawstring bag...and they did awesome, I was so proud. but now, I've got bags and boxes of craft junk that I lugged there spread all over the kitchen and living room. off to do some cleaning...and drink more water, keep forgetting that.

I gained a ton of weight with my boys and I had alot to loose. I just set small goals for each week and that kept me focused. Also rememeber your doing this for your health. You want the diabetes GONE!!!!!

Good luck we are here to support you. Whatever the issue is we have all been through something and can relate. We are your cheerleaders!!!!!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #39
estradaamyl's Avatar
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,137
My Mood:
I got the carrier and I love it. I can carry both the littles in it! It has some kind of sewing flaws, but (deep breath) I'm letting it go. I will have to get better pics but I had to share one from right out of the package.

Last edited by estradaamyl; 04-30-2013 at 01:07 PM.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
That looks awesome!

For Veterans Day Dh always wears his dress uniform. It makes him feel like he is honoring other military servicemen who aren't with us any longer. I snapped this of him and dd when we got home from church.
__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.