Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #11
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you use flats/PF in grovia shell- do you really haveto change shell? ouch?

I'm going to say it depends on the kid. A few months ago we could get away with basically unlimited use of the shells in rotation. Now (12 mos) my son holds his ursine and then floods his diaper sometimes, which is stinky, concentrated, and frequently gets in the mesh (despite using the TPU backed inserts). Usually we can get a few uses, but sometimes just one. The flip side is that sometimes my son is dry for 3+ hours! Overall we're still very happy with the system. All of our shells were purchased EUC or very good sales so the system has been the same or cheaper vs AIOs even with fewer uses of the shell.

Do you happen to know your baby's wetting habits?

Advertisement

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #12
addicteddad
Registered Users

Re: If you use flats/PF in grovia shell- do you really haveto change shell? ouch?

DS is 23 months old, and I love Grovia shells with pad folded flats. I had used them over fitteds even though it was tough to get the butt/crotch to cover. He's in the hold and go stage as well, so if it's really wet, I let it air out and switch covers. Sometimes I can come back to it with no problems, other times it retains a smell. Honestly, the same was true for my Flips as well, as I could smell pee on the material of the flap and around the snaps.
Since I'm just pad folding, poop is almost guaranteed to get on the cover. DS eats a pretty healthy diet, so it's still a peanut butter consistency sometimes. I'm less concerned now though, since I can air dry the covers as opposed to the AIOs I was using.
addicteddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #13
addicteddad
Registered Users

DS is 23 months old, and I love Grovia shells with pad folded flats. I had used them over fitteds even though it was tough to get the butt/crotch to cover. He's in the hold and go stage as well, so if it's really wet, I let it air out and switch covers. Sometimes I can come back to it with no problems, other times it retains a smell. Honestly, the same was true for my Flips as well, as I could smell pee on the material of the flap and around the snaps.
Since I'm just pad folding, poop is almost guaranteed to get on the cover. DS eats a pretty healthy diet, so it's still a peanut butter consistency sometimes. I'm less concerned now though, since I can air dry the covers as opposed to the AIOs I was using.
addicteddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Okay so I got my grovias today, thanks mamas, they are cute. Love them in that way. But yes my 5 week old who is 9lb 2ozs, pooped(ebfp) and onto the cover. And she is always pooping, so I can't change a cover each time. How do you do a pad-fold and not get this to happen.

I know some of you mamas use this system all the time and not to many poops out. But honestly even on my 13 month old I wonder how the poop will stay in on the padfold.

I want something simple that we can load and go as then the older children can help too, and hubby and well easy for car rides too, where space is small when changing.

Tell me how you gals do it when only using grovia shells and flats.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Does she have a big poop each time? My 8 week old only has a big enough poop once or twice a day to get on the cover. Her other poops are small enough that they stay on the padfold. I use this system when out and about and it is so far easy enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God View Post
Okay so I got my grovias today, thanks mamas, they are cute. Love them in that way. But yes my 5 week old who is 9lb 2ozs, pooped(ebfp) and onto the cover. And she is always pooping, so I can't change a cover each time. How do you do a pad-fold and not get this to happen.

I know some of you mamas use this system all the time and not to many poops out. But honestly even on my 13 month old I wonder how the poop will stay in on the padfold.

I want something simple that we can load and go as then the older children can help too, and hubby and well easy for car rides too, where space is small when changing.

Tell me how you gals do it when only using grovia shells and flats.