Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So tomorrow is my ultra sound... .up date with gender

As some of you may know I have gone back and forth about finding out gender a million times. After finally deciding to go team green and making it though our 20 week and not finding out they are making me go back for another u/s because they could not see babies heart well enough.

With that one more temptation in my face I think it finally broke my will so we are going to go for it. I go tomorrow morning but they do not give you the results right there, instead they send it back to your midwife and they contact you. If DH is not here when the midwife calls me with the results then I will ask them to just write it down on and put it in an envelope so we can open it together when he gets home for work.

I am REALLY excited-it has been a hard decision though. We were team green with our first two so it's not like we don't know what that's like but this time we thought hey why not see what it's like to know. My family has been VERY opinionated about it. My parents strongly believe in waiting for the surprise and they do not want to know the gender of the baby until it is born. I'm a bit sad they won't let us share the happy news with them seeing as we will be so excited. And second my younger sister is pregnant with her third-10 weeks behind me and she has two boys and desperately wants a girl but is already convinced that her third will be a boy again. If our baby is a girl she is going to have a very hard time with it and I feel like I will have to down play the "happy" part so again another downer with finding out-really sucks because you just want people to be happy for you right and share in your joy???

So we may find out and not share with anyone....I will tell you guys though as I now you want to know and you will be happy for me Anyways will update in the gender forum when we know unless they can't see it...could you imagine that after all of this!!!???

UPDATE.......

So the baby is a ......

....WE DON'T KNOW BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT TELL US!!!!

I guess because this is a "redo" appointment they are not allowed to look for gender. She explained they only look for gender at the 20 week u/s and not at a redo because of time-they only get a 10 minute slot. Yet she spend a few minutes showing me the baby again which she could have used that time to just see what the baby was....she mentioned I could pay to find out but I refuse so with that we are team green whether we like it or not...after all of this...I was soooo mad!!!

I give up, it was not ment to be-I guess I should just laugh right.

Advertisement

Last edited by Maeve Baby; 11-04-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Maeve Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Mom2brynlee
Registered Users
seller

I found out with my first and didn't with my second. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. I needed to know with my fist or felt like I did anyways (single) so I could prepare. Hubby and I didn't want to know with #2 so it was easy for us to not find out. I will say this though, I wanted desperately to have a girl with #1 and she was all girl, but after finding out the guessing game was over and it wasn't as exciting (although it was fun to pick out all the cute pink stuff). With #2, he kept me guessing until the last week when I finally decided he was boy. It was fun to peek and see boy parts and know I got it right. Lol!

I probably will never find out again because we more than likely will be doing UPs from here on out after our UC.

Both were fun in their own ways.

My parents kept my sisters gender a secret from everyone and didn't find it as fun as it was when they went green with me. They didn't buy girl stuff with her so it just wasn't as exciting (thats the fun part). If you are going to find out the gender, share it with the world! If it is a girl, your sis will get over it and will love her baby regardless.

Congrats!
Mom2brynlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So tomorrow is my ultra sounds... .

Well we decided to get the gender u/s after all seeing as we worked this hard to final make up our minds about it. Plus it was only $50 and I was able to sort our tension with my family around being able to share the news so every thing finall felt very right so on Saturday we found out we are expecting

A baby GIRL!!!!!

We are super excited
Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: So tomorrow is my ultra sound... .up date with gender

Congrats Heather!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

congrats!!!

I am glad you got to find out!
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #6
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Heather! What an emotional rollercoaster!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

lol! i guess thats one way to go team green!