Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Nursing while wearing

I was never much into wearing my second-first was impossible due to medical issues-but our third I'm greatly enjoying wearing. We have a moby which we used with #2, but not so muh with this one. I just recently bought a lillebaby carrier-it's like an ergo from what I can tell. And I love t. I can't for the life of me figure out how to nurse while wearing her. In either carrier. Any help? I know I could goggle it but I get such better advice and more help just from asking here.

Advertisement

kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Anyone?
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing while wearing

What I do is put the bottom of the carrier down lower on my hips and off to the side that I want to nurse on. That way baby's mouth is right where it needs to be. Then, I just pull up my shirt and help baby get latched and let go. I do it in my Ergo or my MT. I've never tried a wrap. I also can't do it with a newborn who needs a lot of help. It works best for me with a slightly older baby, at least 4-6 months. But, I am large breasted and it helps if baby can support it while nursing. I think it would be easier if I was smaller.

I just had to practice it a lot and move baby and carrier around until I figured out how to make it work. It took me some time. Good luck!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
Teresa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not an expert as I don't nurse while wearing baby very often, but I'll tell you how I do it. We have an Ergo. I usually loosen the shoulder straps slightly. That gives my baby enough room to move comfortable (and slightly) to the side. He can rest his head on the shoulder strap and nurse. As Heather said, this seems to work best for a 4-6 month old baby. My baby is 9 months old, and he gave me a terrible bite about 6 weeks ago. So I am very careful to nurse him in a cradle position where I can monitor him and make sure he doesn't bite again. I'm relaxing a little, but that bite was major, and I don't want to go there again!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
Nachomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

In an Ergo, I loosen the straps until baby is at boob level, then nurse upright.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Nachomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

In an Ergo, I loosen the straps until baby is at boob level, then nurse upright.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
F1Julie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How do you get your boob out while using the carrier? I could never figure this out. It seems hard to pull your shirt up and I know some women pull their shirts down but that seems like the shirt would get all stretched out. Short of wearing a nursing top, I don't know how it would work.
F1Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wear a nursing tank under my regular shirt whenever I am out of the house. So, I just pull up my shirt and unhook the nursing tank. Personally, I wouldn't nurse in a carrier without some type of belly coverage, but that's just me. But, in theory, you could pop a burp cloth or something under the band of your bra to cover your belly or some women may not care if their belly/side shows. Either way, you would still just pull up your shirt. I don't pull it down either. For one thing, I agree about it stretching out the shirt. And for another thing, my boobs are too big to pull the shirt down over them.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
shanisimms
Registered
seller

My Mood:
When wearing the "ergo" loosen the straps so your baby drops down a bit. Move the baby toward the breast you are going to feed from and nurse. It is actually really easy in the structured carriers. I use a cover to stay covered and that is it.
shanisimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

I nursed my newborn in a wrap in Babies R Us I wore a nursing cami under my tee and had her in the cradle position (one hand supporting). I used an Udder Cover, but I'm super modest And I totally learned how to nurse in a wrap on YouTube!