Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Traveling at 30+ weeks

Does anyone know when doctors suggest no more traveling? We are planning a spring break trip with the kids and it would be around 32 weeks. We aren't flying but it would be a long drive. I have a call in to my doc to ask but I'm curious if anyone knows what their doctor would suggest.

Advertisement

Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Traveling at 30+ weeks

Crashing your Due Date Club here, but I am traveling out of state by plane at around thirty-three weeks and my midwife says it's just fine. She'll send me with my records in case anything happens, but I don't anticipate anything baby-related happening while we are away. She said to get up and walk often to keep leg circulation up, but other than that, there aren't problems with traveling late term.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

HOLY COW, my doc office just called back and the nurse said no travel after 24 weeks! I'm not high risk or anything but that is what they tell all patients. I asked why and was told b/c viability is 24 weeks and they don't want travel after that. That is ridiculous! I would understand if I was high risk or had complications but I don't and this is my 3rd child.
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow that sound rediculous. i flew to italy with my DD at 27 weeks, no problems. my dr sent a note incase the airline had an issue, they didn't but i felt better knowing i had it just incase. but by car, i would say you could travel whatever you felt comfortable with.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

I'm really hoping the nurse was incorrect b/c 24 weeks just seems crazy. I will have just hit 32 weeks and will be home before 33 weeks. I think I'm just going to go and not be too concerned.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was traveling until 30 weeks. At 30 weeks my DR. recommended no more school bus trips, but I was welcome to drive my own car behind the bus as long as I could stop and walk every hour or so. He recommended no travel after 35 weeks and at that point I was an uncomplicated pregnancy.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote