Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP! quick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Demand that the nurse call the resident on call to your room. Be firm. There are doctors in the hospital, and if you have a concern, you have a right to see one in person.
ok do i do this now, she just calmed down, or wait for it to happen again. i assume it will 3x is not a coincidence

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #12
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It will take a few minutes for the doc to come up. I'd do it now.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

GOOD for getting it on video! I was about to suggest it! Call a resident now, show them the video and since it seems it's been repeating fairly predictably, have them come back a little before you think it may happen again. They need to see it as it's happening.

So sorry your little on is going through this
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleiah View Post
GOOD for getting it on video! I was about to suggest it! Call a resident now, show them the video and since it seems it's been repeating fairly predictably, have them come back a little before you think it may happen again. They need to see it as it's happening.

So sorry your little on is going through this
oh i didnt get it on video. she is in the middle of a video EEG and being taped ononstop. the nurse saw it 2x and the previous one 2x. problem is by the time they come she is almost done and passes out. so far ive been brushed off with, 'her heads itchy' nd 'its probably gas'
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops

Last edited by shortcake2386; 11-06-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Would she by any chance tolerate being swaddled? Also if you put her in a sleep sack, she wouldn't be able to move her arms to rub her face, put mittens on her hands or socks are helpful as well. Is she is teething? Ds would dribble in his sleep and this is what was causing the red on his face as he was sleeping on a damp surface. Also check her skin for rashes or eczema as it can spread all over. You will know if the eye is infected if it gets puffy, swollen, our has yellow or green puss coming out if it. Try taking a warm washcloth and wiping around her eyes?
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
Would she by any chance tolerate being swaddled? Also if you put her in a sleep sack, she wouldn't be able to move her arms to rub her face, put mittens on her hands or socks are helpful as well. Is she is teething? Ds would dribble in his sleep and this is what was causing the red on his face as he was sleeping on a damp surface. Also check her skin for rashes or eczema as it can spread all over. You will know if the eye is infected if it gets puffy, swollen, our has yellow or green puss coming out if it. Try taking a warm washcloth and wiping around her eyes?
she hates having her arms swaddled. i didnt bring any socks no drool. not teething. her eyes are red/swollen but thats from clawing at them....
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #17
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Could you wrap her hands with gauze so she can't scratch? My DS would be pissed, but hey, might be worth a try. mama!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
Ariomi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All I can say is, you are your little girls advocate, you know her best. If you feel like there is something else going on, do what you have to do to see a doc. If the Doc brushes you off demand another. Best of luck to you, so sorry your little girl is going through such pain.
Ariomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #19
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

UPDATE
took off the EEG leads and the adhesive has eten through her skin in spots she did sleep from midnight-9am(woke up to eat once at 6) and she has not been screaming today. we dont know if her head is causing her pain or something else. but we've got meds on her head now so hopefully that helps
Old 11-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh poor baby!
Were the doctors more responsive than the nurses were?

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote