Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #91
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Thanks Mamas. Is there a place where you all have listed your sweet babies so I can get to know you a bit more?

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #92
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Welcome Shannon! Sorry about your loss. I had a trisomy 14 loss in February but MUCH earlier. It was not easy because trisomy 14 is not as clear cut as 13 or 18 are and baby could have been born with not too many health problems. But she stopped developing and it was obviously up to God to decide and not up to me. Still-we wouldn't be having the little one I'm carrying now without that loss.
Some of us are hidden in the first post. Those of us confident enough for a list anyway. We're not a big group so I'm sure you'll get to know us quickly enough.

AFM-hanging in there. Hyperemesis still kicking my butt but what else is new. At least my weight is stable now and 12lbs lost is definitely enough so I hope it stays that way. Need to take some good belly pics this week because I'm starting to pop in a big way. It's funny how the belly pops even more due to the weight loss. I'm shrinking everywhere but my boobs and belly. (which would be a good thing if it weren't due to hyperemesis!) Easily able to find the HB by doppler now which is such a relief. I admit I hold my breath every time for the few seconds it takes to find him/her. Next appointment is Monday and it's a big one at the hospital I'll be delivering at with blood work, NT u/s etc. We decided to do the NT test even if we won't do an amnio and definitely wouldn't terminate (ack-hate even that term!). It gives us information we wouldn't otherwise have and if things are not okay I'll simply get more than 1 level 2 u/s (peri said probably one around 16w and another at 20w and we'll see from there).
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #93
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Oh totally forgot to say that I had a leap of faith last week and ordered some used but new-to me cloth diapers. They arrived yesterday and OMG I had forgotten just how TINY the nb ones are!!!! Hard to believe my kids were ever that small.
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 AM   #94
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Ingrid, LOVE those little dipes.

Had some spotting this morning after exercising. It was brown and not too much but still makes me sad. I'm only 4w4d, so early but that's enough to be sad if I mc. I don't want to call the mw. Been googling implantation bleeding... I've never had spotting other than my miscarriages.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #95
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace View Post
Had some spotting this morning after exercising. It was brown and not too much but still makes me sad. I'm only 4w4d, so early but that's enough to be sad if I mc. I don't want to call the mw. Been googling implantation bleeding... I've never had spotting other than my miscarriages.
I never spotted with any of my pregnancies until this one, then after my BFP, I had a day where I had a little bit of pink spotting and then a little bit of brown spotting. I'd never heard of "implantation" spotting happening AFTER a BFP like that and I didn't like it, lol. But everything was fine and I'm hoping it's the same for you.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #96
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Quote:
Ingrid, LOVE those little dipes.

Prayers that it's nothing but yeah seeing blood is not so great in pregnancy. FWIW I had HORRIBLE cramps right around the time AF was due this time. So bad that I was SURE I would m/c. Obviously I didn't.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #97
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I'm about ready for these crazy intense dreams to lay off for a little bit. The past three nights, MULTIPLE times a night, I've had highly vivid dreams. I haven't posted much about them because they fade pretty much as soon as I'm vertical, but I had one last night that I can remember some of.

I was at home, and I was due (but not in labor yet) and getting ready for birth by trying to declutter. There was a room that had a HUGE HUGE pile of random Bible class stuff from DD (some of it posterboard-sized) that needed to be sorted and organized. I also found a random cassette player that had ONE tape with it - part of a Dr. Who show (now, this was audio only). I set it aside to donate to Goodwill, lol. Then, I found a hair clip (the "claw" style variety that has a spring in the middle) except the thing was so skinny and scrawny that it might only hold up about two strands of hair. DH wanted to KEEP that, and he ended up being able to attach it to the handle of a hand mirror and tried to say that that's where it goes. We had some friends over (a current friend we know IRL, and some random guy that I went to high school with and haven't seen since then, lol) and both of them said that the clip doesn't go there and DH finally gave it back to me so I could put it in the "donate" pile. THEN, I suddenly realized that my birth pool wasn't blown up yet, lol. So I grabbed it and took it to our friends and asked them to blow it up for me, lol. Then I woke up.

In another one earlier in the week, I was either visiting or living with Mom still, and there was some issue that I needed to resolve with her, but instead of talking to her, all I could do was start crying every time I saw her. I was glad to wake up and have that be just a dream.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #98
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks Mamas. Is there a place where you all have listed your sweet babies so I can get to know you a bit more?
Some of us are listed in the first post - just click the "hidden" button and the list will pop down. And most of us have our kids listed in our siggies - I have my kids, but not my miscarriages (have had 5), for example.
Like Ingrid said, we're not a big group so it's fairly easy to get to know the mamas while just reading and posting a bit
And, hey, if you have any questions, we're all (that I've found so far!) very open to sharing and explaining things. There's basically nothing that can't be asked or said. Not to say every question will be answered, but we're also free to say that we don't want to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
AFM-hanging in there. Hyperemesis still kicking my butt but what else is new. At least my weight is stable now and 12lbs lost is definitely enough so I hope it stays that way. Need to take some good belly pics this week because I'm starting to pop in a big way. It's funny how the belly pops even more due to the weight loss. I'm shrinking everywhere but my boobs and belly. (which would be a good thing if it weren't due to hyperemesis!) Easily able to find the HB by doppler now which is such a relief. I admit I hold my breath every time for the few seconds it takes to find him/her. Next appointment is Monday and it's a big one at the hospital I'll be delivering at with blood work, NT u/s etc. We decided to do the NT test even if we won't do an amnio and definitely wouldn't terminate (ack-hate even that term!). It gives us information we wouldn't otherwise have and if things are not okay I'll simply get more than 1 level 2 u/s (peri said probably one around 16w and another at 20w and we'll see from there).
to all but the HG - on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Oh totally forgot to say that I had a leap of faith last week and ordered some used but new-to me cloth diapers. They arrived yesterday and OMG I had forgotten just how TINY the nb ones are!!!! Hard to believe my kids were ever that small.
OMGoodness, YES! They're so itty bitty!!
I still am not at a place where I feel safe buying anything, or digging anything out, but I love playing with the itty fluff!

Quote:
spotting or bleeding is SO scary in pregnancy. And don't ever feel bad about feeling sad, or like you shouldn't feel that way because you weren't further along - that's hogwash. For most mamas, we get pretty attached to that bean the instant we see a bfp. Our heart grows, we love them. Losing them is sad no matter when it happens.
And I'm not saying that to say you will lose this bean - and it's nothing major and just a weird fluke thing. Could be "leftover" stuff from implantation that your exercising caused to pass, or it could be that the exercising somehow irritated your cervix (no sex in the past few days? that could definitely cause it too).
I kwym, though - I, too, have never had any spotting that didn't end in miscarriage. So any I've seen, no matter how much I know it can be normal, and how much people say they've had it and all was well... well, I just can't believe that for myself.

I don't know if I would call my care provider at that point - unless you've all ready called to let her know of the BFP? I tend to just wait and see how things are going to go. All my miscarriages have been before 6 weeks, so I wait until I'm past that point to bother seeing a Dr at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Okay, I'm about ready for these crazy intense dreams to lay off for a little bit.
Oy, I get some weird, vivid dreams when I'm pregnant too. Strangeness. Silly hormones!
I'm all right with any of them except the ones about miscarrying. Those terrify me. I haven't had those in a couple months, though
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #99
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness, yes, the prego dreams... they freak me out... I had some actual SCARY ones a few nights ago... sooo scary I woke up crying and had to check on my son... I wish the crazy dreams would lay off!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #100
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quick update. Had my 12 week ultrasound and it was GOOD! Baby measured 12w4d with a heartrate of 166. Baby was wiggling around and kept her hands infront of her face much of the time. Such a cutie! I am blessed.