Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #141
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Elena... I am so glad you made it for your first appointment... that's awesome, mama, that you made that step!!

Woo-hoo for the party in the womb this morning!!!!!

Advertisement

Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #142
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Elena... I am so glad you made it for your first appointment... that's awesome, mama, that you made that step!!

Woo-hoo for the party in the womb this morning!!!!!
thanks!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #143
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What kind of prefolds does everyone use?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #144
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
What kind of prefolds does everyone use?
I used orange edge GMDs with my DD and hope to find some for this babe too.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #145
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Don't worry, it's not quite like "from scratch" - it's not like the first time all over again! There will be all those wonderful things that you have forgotten itties do - like their sweet milky breath... and how they pass out after nursing... and their adorable little scrunchy stretches

Diapering itties is so much fun!

Thank you! I'm feeling better after that first appt - and so silly, that them moving to the other side of the building made that much of a difference, but I'll take it!
I'm still anxious about the u/s, but I think DH and I both will be until we get through it, kwim? That's just such a HUGE thing for us this time.

Definitely

I had 32 or 33 diapers for Levi (that fit right away, I mean, a combo of NB and smaller smalls) and that was plenty for washing every 3 days - we never ran out or even really low.
I bought 4 more when pregnant with Elli, and I will get another few nb piddle poddles (only have 2 and would like to at least round out the half dozen)... hmm... thinking about that, I wouldn't mind rounding out the 2 xs FBs to a half dozen too. stupid OCD.
But, honestly, I don't need these diapers, I just want them, kwim?
From my experiences, 3-4 dozen is plenty.

AFM: 5:30am - party in Hiccup's womb Seriously. I woke up wondering what woke me, then felt kicks and thumping around in there
I remember scrunchy stretches. SOOO squishy!

Glad the first appointment helped and I hope that after the ultrasound you'll be much more at ease. Have a date for that yet?

Also--I am itching for regular movement. I still get it 1-2 times a day, but its just one thump and then gone so unless its obviously baby, I often miss it and think "was that gas?" Or don't think about it til a few mins later. Get an obviously baby movement once every couple days...but I miss the wake-up wiggles

And finally--glad I'm not the only one with diaper OCD. I have to have the exact number of diapers and liners and colors that I'm supposed to have

And to the CD Newb---I used 36 with my son and only ran out if I passed out nursing and forgot to actually wash them at the end of day 2. Haha. Now I have 36 prefolds, 6 covers, and 20-25 AIOs. So I'm all stocked up on newb dipes. Could probably get a few more dipes for later, but I think a friend (whom I introduced to cloth and who is now done with kiddos) is sending me her small/mediums, so I won't buy any til she sends hers.

Although, if I have a girl, all bets are off---I may absolutely NEED to buy some cutesy girl ones

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]

Last edited by quicksilverNHS; 11-16-2012 at 08:43 AM.
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #146
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Oh I know diapering itties is fun-done it before x2 It's just that the stuff that's available has changed and I want to try so many options. Still want at least 1 or 2 cute Alvadiapers. Can't beat their price.

Elena-it totally makes sense that them moving to another part of the building makes you feel better. Anything to avoid remembering and to not trigger bad memories is a good thing!

3 dozen prefolds should be fine for a newbie. Like I said-you just might have to do laundry quickly or in the morning of day 3 if you find yourself running low. Some babies don't poop/pee as much but mine always have. (LOL still do actually but thankfully no more diapers :P )

AFM-bad tummy pains from the Zofran constipation so BLAH. Gonna have to take something stronger to counteract this side effect because cutting down on Zofran is NOT an option unless I want to land myself in the hospital. On a more positive note I've been feeling more and more movement-some quite obvious. And s/he always gives the doppler a good kick!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #147
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry

I don't want you to leave.. in fact, seeing rainbow baby graduates would be sooo encouraging to those of us still here waiting for our babies!!
Ok here is a rainbow baby graduate just popping in to check and see how everyone is doing. . We lost Abigail last June bc of an umbilical cord accident, and Ayla was born Sept 1 this year. She will be 11 weeks tomorrow and is beautiful, happy, and so perfect. She brings us soooooo much joy!! Hang in there ladies. A pregnancy after a loss is so nerve wracking. But the joy that comes is SOOO worth the wait!! I will try an attach a pic of our squish. Keeping all of you ladies in my prayers!

Attachment 124941

Last edited by girlichick; 03-28-2013 at 07:50 AM.
girlichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #148
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Glad the first appointment helped and I hope that after the ultrasound you'll be much more at ease. Have a date for that yet?

Also--I am itching for regular movement. I still get it 1-2 times a day, but its just one thump and then gone so unless its obviously baby, I often miss it and think "was that gas?" Or don't think about it til a few mins later. Get an obviously baby movement once every couple days...but I miss the wake-up wiggles
Thanks Marie!
I bet you'll have more movement, daily, in another week or 2
I love the wake-up wiggles just kinda wish I didn't have to wake up at 5:30 or 6am to catch them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Elena-it totally makes sense that them moving to another part of the building makes you feel better. Anything to avoid remembering and to not trigger bad memories is a good thing!

AFM-bad tummy pains from the Zofran constipation so BLAH. Gonna have to take something stronger to counteract this side effect because cutting down on Zofran is NOT an option unless I want to land myself in the hospital. On a more positive note I've been feeling more and more movement-some quite obvious. And s/he always gives the doppler a good kick!
Thanks Ingrid - I'm glad I didn't sound crazy for feeling less anxious simply because of turning right instead of left!
Sorry about the tummy pains - can you take any laxatives? (I'm picturing those red liqui-gel ones they give you postpartum, but can't think of the name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlichick View Post
Ok here is a rainbow baby graduate just popping in to check and see how everyone is doing.
She is beautiful! Love those big eyes and those lips!!
Thank you for popping in!

AFM: Got to my official first prenatal this morning - weight is... well, weight... my bp was lower than yesterday but still a bit high for me, fundal height is right on at 18cm, and Hiccup's hr was 145 - and he really doesn't like the doppler. We "caught" him a couple times pretty good (got one really good "horse galloping" hb, kwim?) and each time we got a good spot, he'd squirm and kick away - the Dr said he's "naughty"

DH called me when he got home - the u/s dept called and wanted to set up my appt, so I got the number and called them. First off, the girl who I spoke to actually sounded like a person - not just a cold clinical tech. She mentioned that they need a full bladder, but made a point to say that the major hospital (where I've gone before and don't like) is ridiculous and that there's no need to drink even half that amount. So, I'm a little hopeful that things will go smoother there, with DH with me and all that.
And, got it booked for next Friday It seems so soon... but once it's over we will just know. Then we can deal with whatever we find out.
Any are definitely appreciated!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #149
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Keeping you in prayers, Elena.

Lynn!! Ayla is so stinkin' cute! Thanks for popping in to show her off.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #150
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Thanks Marie!
I bet you'll have more movement, daily, in another week or 2
I love the wake-up wiggles just kinda wish I didn't have to wake up at 5:30 or 6am to catch them!

Thanks Ingrid - I'm glad I didn't sound crazy for feeling less anxious simply because of turning right instead of left!
Sorry about the tummy pains - can you take any laxatives? (I'm picturing those red liqui-gel ones they give you postpartum, but can't think of the name)

She is beautiful! Love those big eyes and those lips!!
Thank you for popping in!

AFM: Got to my official first prenatal this morning - weight is... well, weight... my bp was lower than yesterday but still a bit high for me, fundal height is right on at 18cm, and Hiccup's hr was 145 - and he really doesn't like the doppler. We "caught" him a couple times pretty good (got one really good "horse galloping" hb, kwim?) and each time we got a good spot, he'd squirm and kick away - the Dr said he's "naughty"

DH called me when he got home - the u/s dept called and wanted to set up my appt, so I got the number and called them. First off, the girl who I spoke to actually sounded like a person - not just a cold clinical tech. She mentioned that they need a full bladder, but made a point to say that the major hospital (where I've gone before and don't like) is ridiculous and that there's no need to drink even half that amount. So, I'm a little hopeful that things will go smoother there, with DH with me and all that.
And, got it booked for next Friday It seems so soon... but once it's over we will just know. Then we can deal with whatever we find out.
Any are definitely appreciated!
I'm hoping just a couple weeks is all I need for more thumps! 5am? No thanks haha. Smidget (DS1) was a morning wiggler and Deagan (DS2/loss) was a night wiggler so I want to see what this baby does. So far it's too sporadic to tell

And YAY for first appointment and HB and scheduling that appointment. GOOD LUCK and I'll be praying.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote