Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #251
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Deanna -- I was so relieved FOR you that Sarah tested it out herself! See... I told you I think that you can't really go by the test color!!! I'm so glad we are in the same DDC, too!

AFM -- I'm 9w4d today -- picked up HB on doppler two days ago... could NOT find it since... this little booger baby loves to play hide and seek... once I do find it, it seems to run away almost immediately... I was lucky enough to capture about 10 seconds on my iPhone just a little while ago... so, for your listening pleasure... introducing what I'll call him or her for now... "booger":

Advertisement

Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #252
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Deanna I was going to tell you the same thing. I peed on a HPT at over 9w this time and the line was LIGHT. Since I was able to find baby on my doppler that day and had just had a good u/s the day before it forever blew my opinion on the line darkness meaning anything. So go to your u/s and see a bouncing baby

Marie-YAY for a good update (well apart from phone being stolen-UGH). I had similar feelings about a girl with DD but ultimately I love having one of each

Carly-sounds typical to me. My baby still plays hide and seek with the doppler only that I can now FEEL him/her move away. (LOL so after 3 tries of getting the hb I usually stop because obviously baby is alive and well if s/he can move away from the doppler!)

Kate sorry your appointment was so short. Dissapointing for sure.

AFM-nothing new. Lost 3 lbs last week so obviously not better. I have an appointment tomorrow to determine if I will get extended maternity leave from now on. Would be awesome financially and make things easier logistically for me and my employer but I'm not holding my breath because unfortunately hyperemesis is not a valid reason for them. But maybe I luck out and get an understanding case worker-I mean it's not like the hyperemesis is the only worrisome thing about pregnancy for me between my losses and the fertility treatments to get pregnant in the first place. If I don't get it I'll remain on sick leave because there is still no way that I can work as sick as I am. Staying hydrated and eating is costing what little energy I have. But like I said early maternity leave would be better. (full pay on early maternity leave only part pay on sick leave)
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #253
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
I assume in this thread it is okay to be somewhat bi-polar in our emotions! One of my lovely DDC mamas took time to find this for me & even tested herself & confirmed her line now was half as dark as it was 3 wks ago.
http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pre...ncy-tests.html
I feel soooo much better...for now!
I'm so glad you're feeling more optimistic! Even if it's just for now, for today - that's okay!
Is your u/s supposed to be tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
AFM -- I'm 9w4d today -- picked up HB on doppler two days ago... could NOT find it since... this little booger baby loves to play hide and seek... once I do find it, it seems to run away almost immediately... I was lucky enough to capture about 10 seconds on my iPhone just a little while ago... so, for your listening pleasure... introducing what I'll call him or her for now... "booger":

Hiccup hates the doppler - the u/s tech said she wasn't surprised, as she was trying to get measurements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
AFM-nothing new. Lost 3 lbs last week so obviously not better. I have an appointment tomorrow to determine if I will get extended maternity leave from now on. Would be awesome financially and make things easier logistically for me and my employer but I'm not holding my breath because unfortunately hyperemesis is not a valid reason for them. But maybe I luck out and get an understanding case worker-I mean it's not like the hyperemesis is the only worrisome thing about pregnancy for me between my losses and the fertility treatments to get pregnant in the first place. If I don't get it I'll remain on sick leave because there is still no way that I can work as sick as I am. Staying hydrated and eating is costing what little energy I have. But like I said early maternity leave would be better. (full pay on early maternity leave only part pay on sick leave)
it'll work out the best way for you! I totally understand the pay differences you could be looking at between sick leave/disability and mat/parental leave. We've been dealing, and are currently (with xmas coming) dealing with the ramifications of DH being on disability for the most of this year - since the last week-ish of January. Effectively, we lost all his summer pay (so 2 months of income), and now he's only getting his net pay from before he took leave - in spite of the fact that there was a new contract signed this summer (which included some %age raise across the board) and that he should have gotten a pay raise (for inflation, basically). So, we're getting a lot less this year, overall, than we should be getting. Very frustrating.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #254
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Deanna - I've been thinking about you and hoping all is well with your bean! Fwiw, my BFPs were never as dark as the control line. Yet, here I am 26 weeks along.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #255
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes, my u/s is @ 9 tomorrow.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #256
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
for you!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #257
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
and prayers that you get good news tomorrow! It's so hard to not stress about tests after experiencing m/c. I think as long as you aren't bleeding and/or cramping, and you still have a line....a line's a line!

Have they ever prescribed progesterone for you? I have had 3 early m/c's and have taken progesterone with all of my pregnancies...I also seem to have babies that develop slowly at the beginning (possibly due to low progesterone). Anyway...not sure if it helps to consider it or not, but maybe you can ask about it tomorrow if you have never done so. I usually take 200mg of prometrium daily until 12 weeks.
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #258
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just another pop-in from me over here. I keep thinking that EVENTUALLY home and work and my volunteer stuff will be sane enough so I can properly catch up, but sheesh... y'all might not hear much from me till maternity leave

Deannna - wanted to send you some extra special good vibes for tomorrow. That first u/s is SO SO SO HARD! Hoping and praying that it's all good news. Stay strong mama and have faith that good things CAN happen

Will be back very very soon for a proper catch up! Gosh it will be December in a few days.... how'd that happen! to you all! I miss chatting, but I love checking in and seeing everyone's happy updates!

Oh, and AFM, on Monday I FINALLY got a good report from the OB! This was our 7th u/s (omg!) and the bleeding is finally all absorbed and our little girl looks awesome, aside from her gigantic feet! I hope that's the least of our worries... and if so, the positive side is that she'll have a great selection of clearance shoes as an adult bc she'll be rockin' size 11 tootsies. And DH finally felt a good kick last night . Apparently she likes to have nightly dance parties in my belly every night. Loving it
Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #259
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1

and prayers that you get good news tomorrow! It's so hard to not stress about tests after experiencing m/c. I think as long as you aren't bleeding and/or cramping, and you still have a line....a line's a line!

Have they ever prescribed progesterone for you? I have had 3 early m/c's and have taken progesterone with all of my pregnancies...I also seem to have babies that develop slowly at the beginning (possibly due to low progesterone). Anyway...not sure if it helps to consider it or not, but maybe you can ask about it tomorrow if you have never done so. I usually take 200mg of prometrium daily until 12 weeks.
My progesterone levels have never been low, but after m/c #2 he suggested it so I did 3 cycles starting it a few days after O. I got pg the 2nd cycle taking it & had my earliest m/c @ 4w2d. I was an emotional train wreck while taking it so after the 3rd cycle taking it & being such a basket case I swore I was done with it. I think my m/cs were chromosomal abnormalities due to poor egg quality because of my age. So praying I had one good egg left this time.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #260
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
I think as long as you aren't bleeding and/or cramping, and you still have a line....a line's a line!
That's very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76 View Post
Gosh it will be December in a few days.... how'd that happen!

Oh, and AFM, on Monday I FINALLY got a good report from the OB! This was our 7th u/s (omg!) and the bleeding is finally all absorbed and our little girl looks awesome, aside from her gigantic feet! I hope that's the least of our worries... and if so, the positive side is that she'll have a great selection of clearance shoes as an adult bc she'll be rockin' size 11 tootsies. And DH finally felt a good kick last night . Apparently she likes to have nightly dance parties in my belly every night. Loving it
I can't believe it's only a day (and a couple hours) to December! Crazy!

So glad to hear that the darn bleeding is done and gone - about her big feet, and baby dance parties!