Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How much spitting up is normal?

DS never spit up or burped; I never even used burp cloths with him.
DD1 projectile vomited all the time.
So, I'm not sure what "normal" is.

DD2 is almost 3 months old.
She is gaining weight well and going through lots of diapers, I believe that she is getting enough.

The problem is that we never have that "happy content time" after a feeding. Post feeding usually involves crying and spitting up several times. I do keep her upright after feedings. I have to change burp cloths a few times after each feeding. Feeding is still on demand.

One of her crying spells happens before her daily poop; it is very large and she always seems relieved afterward.

Does this sound pretty normal? Or does it sound like something that I need to address?

Advertisement

and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much spitting up is normal?

All of my babies went through a stage around 3-5 months of age where they spit up a lot so it could be just that. With DS (my memory is clearer with him since he's most recent LOL) I remember him spitting up 2-3 times every morning a at least once after each feeding for a couple months and then it started tapering off to nearly nonexistent. At 8 months now, he rarely spits up and when he does, there's usually a reason for it (getting "flown" around right after nursing or something like that). However with YDD, this was more pronounced and ended up being tied to an egg allergy (and I was having eggs for breakfast regularly b4 we figured it out -_-). What are her poops like? color? consistency? etc... Does she get any odd rashes?
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote