Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Group or separate preschool teacher gift?

DS's preschool only consists of 7 kids. I was considering emailing the other parents and asking if they would like to go in on a gift for the two teachers. I just know that when I was teaching, I would have much rather preferred maybe a larger gift (like a giftcard) as opposed to a few smaller ones.

But I also don't want to put anyone on the spot either.

Opinions?

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd email, why not? In fact, I don't intend to buy a gift for my daughter's preschool teachers (class of 17), but if another parent approached me about chipping in, I'd give $5. We started the school year late and I'm not feeling the love but if it were easy, as in inexpensive and someone else doing the shopping, I'd jump on it.
And if I was really thrilled with the teacher I'd give 10, 15 or organize it myself. It's a good idea.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Group or separate preschool teacher gift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
I'd email, why not? In fact, I don't intend to buy a gift for my daughter's preschool teachers (class of 17), but if another parent approached me about chipping in, I'd give $5. We started the school year late and I'm not feeling the love but if it were easy, as in inexpensive and someone else doing the shopping, I'd jump on it.
And if I was really thrilled with the teacher I'd give 10, 15 or organize it myself. It's a good idea.
Exactly this.

But other than that, we don't give Christmas gifts to my kids teachers, the mailman, hairdressers, or anyone besides by four kids, my husband, parents, and in-laws. The others, well, I pay them for their services. I don't understand giving them a gift, too
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Group or separate preschool teacher gift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
Exactly this.

But other than that, we don't give Christmas gifts to my kids teachers, the mailman, hairdressers, or anyone besides by four kids, my husband, parents, and in-laws. The others, well, I pay them for their services. I don't understand giving them a gift, too
Oh yeah, I get that! To me, though, this is a little different. It is a VERY small school and in my opinion, they go the extra mile. They sent sunglasses to all the kids before school started (shining star and all that) the head teacher brought DS's fireman hat to our house when he left it there on Halloween, and other things.

Thanks for the opinions!!!