Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Worst Parenting Fears

I had two...

1. That she would become seriously ill, and I wouldn't be able to afford our home, and I wouldn't know how to take care of a seriously ill child...and i'd be doing it all alone. (single mom, he dad was involved, but not helpful)

2. That she would fall from a second story window, or ledge. It was a weird obsession I had and I can't figure out why I obsessed over that.

3. Teen pregnancy. She is 20 now, and not mature enough for that.. I can't imagine if she'd been 16 or 17.

Advertisement

Last edited by escapethevillage; 11-09-2012 at 10:45 AM.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My worst fear is that something will happen to me and she will be forced to live with her biological father instead of my parents.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I often fear that my kids will grow up to hate me. I love them so dearly, and I spend the vast majority of my time toiling to nurture them in one way or another, but I make mistakes, like any parent. I've noticed that many adults blame their problems on their parents and are highly critical of how they were raised. I'm sure some parents truly deserve the criticism and even hatred, but I imagine that some of those parents were really trying their best with loving intentions. I guess I'm afraid no matter how hard I try it won't be good enough for at least one of my kids.

Last edited by BinahYeteirah; 11-09-2012 at 11:01 AM.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think my biggest is that my kids would hate me or resent how I parent them.
That my DDs won't have as close a relationship with me as I do with my Mom.
With my boys especially I am scared to be the " horrible MIL" that I would have a DIL who would hate me.

Im scared my kids will develop substance abuse issues. They have a strong family history.

I guess it's funny but I don't fear teen pregnancy.
While not ideal I don't see it as something to fear.
STDs could be worse.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh so many. I am a worry wart.

1. That I will turn into my mother. Impatient and cruel, emotionally and verbally abusive. Manipulative and miserable. I love her dearly now but I always wonder if I'd be a happier, well-rounded person if she had parented with more love.

2. That I will fail in every parenting plan I have. Such as: homeschooling, limiting screen time, teaching proper manners, chores from a young age, etc.

3. That my son(s) will be just like all the pigs I dated before I met dh.

4. That my children will be mean-spirited bullies.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

childmolestation.com states roughly 33% of girls and 14% of boys will be molested before 18. Those stats are extremely high. My biggest fear is this happening to one of my children. I regularly discuss what is appropriate behavior towards them. My children are taught early on the correct names of body parts. If god forbid something should happen I understand knowing correct names and being able to articulate clearly what has occurred helps get a conviction.

Unfortunately considering the stats, especially for girls, I don't think my concern is unfounded.

My other more unfounded fears are kidnapping, not waking up in the morning despite my older kids being 9 and 13. I still check to make sure they are breathing. In the summer I worry about dry drowning. Poisonous spider bites. My son falling from a tree(he likes to climb).
Old 11-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I worry about child molesters. Most predators are usually friends or family members of the child, and it freaks me out that there could be someone I know that would hurt my kids. I have a really hard time letting others watch my kids for that reason.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
KdEMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
I often fear that my kids will grow up to hate me. I love them so dearly, and I spend the vast majority of my time toiling to nurture them in one way or another, but I make mistakes, like any parent. I've noticed that many adults blame their problems on their parents and are highly critical of how they were raised. I'm sure some parents truly deserve the criticism and even hatred, but I imagine that some of those parents were really trying their best with loving intentions. I guess I'm afraid no matter how hard I try it won't be good enough for at least one of my kids.
Seconded...
Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #19
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

When my husband was deployed and I had a newborn, I was literally afraid that I'd fall down the stairs and break my neck and no one would know and my child would starve to death screaming for her mommy.

I have reoccurring fears of that when he's gone for extended periods of time.

Other than that, I guess my biggest parenting fear is that my children won't understand how much I love them. There are a lot of tough decisions you make as a parent because you are responsible for their character.

I do worry that my child will grow up and marry someone who is anti-inlaws. I know that marriage separates you from your children, but I don't want them to marry someone who works at it.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:

1. Kidnapped. Sexually abused and murdered. My stomach does knots as I imagine my boys begging to be let go, sobbing out of fear, hunger missing dh and me. (I dont rem'ber the name, but that infamous case years ago of a little boy of 3 being abused, sodomised and killed by 5/6y old boys comes to my mind)

2. That they'll have to encounter a deadly disease (Stella Joy...& other sweet ones in prayers section) and I'll lose them painfully.

3. That they'll lose a limb/hurt themselves irreparably in an accident.