Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #31
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

1. Sexual abuse. - No if ands or buys about it, God help the abuser if this ever happened I'd be in jail for murder.

Advertisement

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #32
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Worst Parenting Fears

Loosing really important stuff, what happens when & if my eldest asks about whether or not dad is her dad & going into why I didn't tell her, she want to live with dead beat, whether or not to tell daughter her biodad didn't seem to care/supporter & all that. That her lying & stealing goes too far to point I don't feel I can help her. That somthing will happen to make it hard to meet month expenses living on one income now. Something with second like falling because she is so daring will truely hurt her to point I have to er her. I never get out of feeling I can't do/ get a job because not in college & no money/ get paid enough to cover child care to work hrs that over lap with hubby. That hubby never gets simple things to help me like taaking towering laundry to basement without me asking..... I guess to because of past stuff he'll leave me/ lie & stuff.........I want to cry at all the stuff I fear & yet I fear I will end up trying to be control freak like my mom( any other way I wish I could b or like her mom).
Old 11-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #33
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

good sharing, mama's. hopefully we can release some of these fears, or prevent them all together by facing our fears and working through them.

blessings for sharing!!

newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #34
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I always picture these terrible accidents, like falling down the stairs while carrying them both or falling down the steps on the way outside. So, I'd say that is my worst fear at this time.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #35
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789
I always picture these terrible accidents, like falling down the stairs while carrying them both or falling down the steps on the way outside. So, I'd say that is my worst fear at this time.
This. Drowning in the lake, falling and breaking their necks, pretty much any situation can turn deadly in my head if I dwell on it.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #36
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdalynaa View Post
Sexual abuse.

I was raped at age 14, and I have never told my parents.
I'm so sorry, mama.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #37
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
1. Sexual abuse. - No if ands or buys about it, God help the abuser if this ever happened I'd be in jail for murder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGiggles View Post
I'm so sorry, mama.
I have been abused & well I guess its out to u guys too besides hubby & my mom know & I guess my attorney for paternity stuff.

I have already fallen with 19 month & preg.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #38
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
This. Drowning in the lake, falling and breaking their necks, pretty much any situation can turn deadly in my head if I dwell on it.
Worry since I know someone personally with drowning child death esp since oldest not like water & not doing well with lessons.......
Old 11-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #39
diana51
Registered Users
seller
seller

My fear is that something will happen like cancer or a car accident and later I will find out that if I'd only done a bit more research or put in a bit more effort I could have prevented it. Like if I'd bought a better car seat she would have been fine, or if I'd kept her from using my cell phone she wouldn't have a brain tumor at 20 years old.

I'm afraid that my 2 girls won't be close as adults.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #40
R055ANA
Registered Users

Thanks to all of those who have shared their fears.

I don't think I worry too much about these terrible fears so things that can happen to my 4 daughters but I have the same like others have posted about molestation, being killed and just failing my DDs in some horrible way. What is a am causing them some horrible mental abuse by saying this over and over again, what if they don't feel like I ever tried to connect with them.

I want to assure each of each reading this and who posted that just the fact we are taking this time to reflect on this topic shows we love our children dearly and want the best for them. I hope our fears are either unfounded or never happen.
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote