Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
chillimom
Registered Users

Re: No, thanks.

I can't stand when little girls are dressed sexy.

That said, I don't find it hard at all to find DD (size 3T) cute and appropriate clothing, and I didn't have a hard time shopping for DFD (size 12 or woman's XS) either when she lived with us? For DD, I shop at Children's Place, Superstore (Joe), and Wal-Mart mostly, with a bit of Carter's and Winners thrown in. For DFD I shopped at Superstore, Bluenotes, Wal-Mart, and Garage.

Advertisement

chillimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #22
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Right now, zulily is selling high wedges and worse for children at their shoe event. I thought I could get something cute, but these disgusted me. I wonder if they're selling the "matching" clothes.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #23
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I cannot believe the Playstation shirt! I tried to find it on google, but didn't. (I did find a very gross one obviously for adults that I am soooo glad isn't what you saw).

I haven't really had a problem finding clothes for my DD. We mostly buy at The Children's Place, Old Navy, and Walmart. We've also been gifted some Carters but we don't buy that brand since they wear out before they're outgrown for us.

The only issue I'm having now with my 2.5 yo DD is that she is tall (85%) and has a very long torso, so some of her shirts are going to become belly shirts before winter is over. Might just have to get her next year's sizes for when that happens.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #24
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789
I cannot believe the Playstation shirt! I tried to find it on google, but didn't. (I did find a very gross one obviously for adults that I am soooo glad isn't what you saw).

I haven't really had a problem finding clothes for my DD. We mostly buy at The Children's Place, Old Navy, and Walmart. We've also been gifted some Carters but we don't buy that brand since they wear out before they're outgrown for us.

The only issue I'm having now with my 2.5 yo DD is that she is tall (85%) and has a very long torso, so some of her shirts are going to become belly shirts before winter is over. Might just have to get her next year's sizes for when that happens.
I tried googling it but couldn't find it either. To be honest, it was in a big clearance bin and DD decided to scream bloody murder because I stopped pushing the stroller, and since we weren't finding anything we left. I'll see if my Mom remembers which store because we were shipping in another city and went to a ton of new stores. I know it wasn't Justice or TCP or any of those popular ones.

We still found clothes but holy hooker outfits on display.

I think we'll stick to Hanna and Boden. The clothes are pricier but they don't resemble a street walker and she can pass them down to her younger sister.

I did notice it looks like the torso area of tops are SHORT but I didn't know if my niece us just tall, you know?

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #25
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
I tried googling it but couldn't find it either. To be honest, it was in a big clearance bin and DD decided to scream bloody murder because I stopped pushing the stroller, and since we weren't finding anything we left. I'll see if my Mom remembers which store because we were shipping in another city and went to a ton of new stores. I know it wasn't Justice or TCP or any of those popular ones.

We still found clothes but holy hooker outfits on display.

I think we'll stick to Hanna and Boden. The clothes are pricier but they don't resemble a street walker and she can pass them down to her younger sister.

I did notice it looks like the torso area of tops are SHORT but I didn't know if my niece us just tall, you know?
you should also check out Tea. they have great stuff & their sales are usually really good.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #26
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad that my little girl is still in the age for cute clothing, but I can look across the aisle and see where it's going...There are cute clothes out there, but I think they tend to be less popular, so harder to find and more expensive.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #27
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junipervt View Post
you should also check out Tea. they have great stuff & their sales are usually really good.
I LOVE Tea. My daughter only has a few things from them, but in the fall I like to buy 1/2 price summer stuff and add sleeves to it, or just buy ahead for the next season. Their stuff wears really well and holds up to their antics.

I nannied a little girl who was 5, and she always reached for the Tea dresses before anything else!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #28
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
Oh. My. Gosh.

I might just be calling the store's corporate office about that. How would a CEO at that store like his or her daughter wearing that to first grade?

I mean, I do hate that boy clothing is so drab. Like, "hey, do you want to wear brown or blue today?" I had to go to 3 malls to find a semi-dressy outfit for him when he was 6 months because no store anywhere had nice looking clothing for a baby boy. Not to mention that every time I go to the fabric store and think of the various gorgeous dresses I could whip-up in no time... yeah, it bums me out. But walking past Victoria Secret and seeing 12 year olds picking out thongs, I can't help but turn to hubby and say, "aren't you glad we have a boy?"
We wear dress clothes fairly regularly, so I'm so grateful to have a friend who passes down boy clothes to me that are dressy and super cute. I have NO idea where they came from, though! I sure don't see them when I go out shopping. I have so many little dress shirts and vests and cords for this little guy, it's adorable!

The only problem with boy clothes is that there are never any left on sale...there's a whole rack of girl stuff and like...3 lonely ugly shirts on the boy side.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #29
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789
I have the same problem with my 2yo (99%) and my self (both long torsos). Her shoulders are still 2t, but she needs 3/4t to cover her belly adequately. I go for dresses and tunic shirts mostly to make up for it. Otherwise it looks like her clothes are too big in the shoulders and I hate that. As a small person, I'm overly sensitive to being made to wear clothes that don't fit right.

After I read the OP, I told hubby I definitely needed to learn to sew so I could make DD's clothes
Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #30
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I used to be so thankful that I had boys until I realized that they will be distracted by said clothing. My ds1 came home the first week of kinder talking about how short a little girls shorts were. And don't even get me started on the little girl next door. Skin tight jeans and booty shorts, skirts that show it all, and a selection of those knee high/heeled boots. She just turned 8 :/