Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #41
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyous
I thought of this thread today when I was out for dinner. There was a little girl, around 6 or 7, wearing high heeled pink wedges, and a short, tight gray dress. It was very disconcerting seeing a little girl dressed like that. She was playing with her sister outside while they waited for a table, and she complained to her mom that her feet hurt. Her mom said too bad, keep your shoes on.
I don't see the issue with her complaining about the shoes on. Maybe the mom fought with he or had pre-warned her that her feet would hurt. If it was my child and i had pre-warned them i would not sympathize with them or let them go shoeless.

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #42
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF

I don't see the issue with her complaining about the shoes on. Maybe the mom fought with he or had pre-warned her that her feet would hurt. If it was my child and i had pre-warned them i would not sympathize with them or let them go shoeless.
My 7 year old will not be wearing high wedges to complain about. High heels for a 7 year old? Is that normal?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #43
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF

I guess it was not necessarily the complaining, but the fact that she had them on at all. She couldn't run around and play because she could barely walk. I dunno-- my DD wouldn't have had them on to begin with, pre-warned or not. Just seems like an inappropriate shoe choice for a first/second grader. And her begging to take them off made me sad.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #44
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner

My 7 year old will not be wearing high wedges to complain about. High heels for a 7 year old? Is that normal?
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyous

I guess it was not necessarily the complaining, but the fact that she had them on at all. She couldn't run around and play because she could barely walk. I dunno-- my DD wouldn't have had them on to begin with, pre-warned or not. Just seems like an inappropriate shoe choice for a first/second grader. And her begging to take them off made me sad.
Agreed.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #45
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: No, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
I have a neighbor whose 5yr old Kindergartener is often in heels. just seems odd to me