Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #131
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: VETERANS DAY! KAL 11/11-11/17 Knit to a goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Pi just made my morning, he snuck back into his dino costume from Halloween and he's moshing and headbanging to System of a Down's cover of Snowblind.
I think I had to order it from a different library because ours doesn't have it, but it was definitely helpful with the sweater. DH wanted the Saddle Shoulder pattern and it worked up really easily with her directions.

That is great about the costume. DS told me he would wear his more often last year, but then it didn't happen so it just hangs in his room. OH well, it was cool when I made it.

Advertisement

MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #132
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah it ended up costing nearly $50 to make when things were all said and done, and I wasn't very happy about that, but he digs it out every day and even naps in it, so it's hard to stay mad when he loves it so much.

Our libraries go by county/region and are cooperatives, so if any of the libraries in your region have it you can request it and they ship it over within a couple days. Salem had it in so I put in a hold, it should be here by the end of the week
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #133
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl
I thought Fred Meyer was a grocery store. That's what I get for thinking about other regions stores, lol.
It's like a Super Walmart but cleaner.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #134
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach
Yeah it ended up costing nearly $50 to make when things were all said and done, and I wasn't very happy about that, but he digs it out every day and even naps in it, so it's hard to stay mad when he loves it so much.

Our libraries go by county/region and are cooperatives, so if any of the libraries in your region have it you can request it and they ship it over within a couple days. Salem had it in so I put in a hold, it should be here by the end of the week
Our state libraries are like that too.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #135
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm having a geek out moment, the Hobbit opens one month from today. For someone who's been waiting years, that's squee-ishly close.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #136
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm having a geek out moment, the Hobbit opens one month from today. For someone who's been waiting years, that's squee-ishly close.
DH is going to watch it. He is mad though because I think there are 3 parts to it.

An so much for today's knitting goal. I have Butch's flu and going to bed. I called DH and left him a message telling him this, but right now #1 is in charge of Butch. Hope they both survive.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #137
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Pi just made my morning, he snuck back into his dino costume from Halloween and he's moshing and headbanging to System of a Down's cover of Snowblind.

Quote:

aww and ours does that too

Quote:
I am hoping the big kids will sit through it with us. We are excited too. I remember seeing the first LOTR in the theater waiting for it to start, so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
DH is going to watch it. He is mad though because I think there are 3 parts to it.

An so much for today's knitting goal. I have Butch's flu and going to bed. I called DH and left him a message telling him this, but right now #1 is in charge of Butch. Hope they both survive.
and yes, I hope they don't tear the place down!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #138
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

pulled out most of my hood work today. I wasn't thinking that it was a hood and not a hat and decided to just knit w/a new ball of yarn in the middle of the hoodand when I was about half way done I took a look at that carried yarn in the middle and though, oh, that is going to visibile most of the time the knititng perfectionist wanna be in me couldn't leave it. Although my switches tend to look better not on an edge, I will used the edges this time! grrrr, knit and learn though
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #139
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I really hope they have the songs in there. I want to hear "crack the dishes, crack the plates. That's what Bilbo Baggins hates. Carefully, carefully with the plates" Not sure if this is in the book, I can't remember. That song sticks in my head from the cartoon though.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #140
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach
Awesome :rock: