Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #611
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe
My friend bought a cake pan last year that is just an Elmo head. So, I borrowed it and that is what I'm doing. Depending on if it takes 2 cake mixes or not, I'll probably do some cupcakes too. I'm thinking I can do cookie monster and elmo on those too, but we'll see how I'm feeling because my stomach is cranky again today.

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #612
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm making these today:

http://bakingbites.com/2009/10/impos...kes/#more-3834
Old 11-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #613
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: VETERANS DAY! KAL 11/11-11/17 Knit to a goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Just frogged back the hat Off to try it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotty Pine View Post
Found it....DS is getting this scarf for Christmas....

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...y-dragon-scarf
That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I just swallowed the ball to my tongue stud. I'm panicking
Oh no! I hope you can find something to use before it closes up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtytot View Post
My wip this week. Cw is junebug.

Pretty! Makes me want to knit my June bug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
I'm putting a lifeline in to frog back 4 rows, over 1,000st
Oh this makes me cringe, I'm sorry.
Quote:
sorry about the tummy troubles.

I love these cupcakes!

these ones look like the snowball type cookies ontop the cupcake
Those are so cute! Too bad none of my kids even care about these characters, I would make some.
Quote:
Yum!

Morning! The boys were 2 minutes tardy today, oops! Thankfully today we have nothing to do and I can just relax and clean and knit. I finished the legs of the fairy frost longies, and now i just have to decide what cuff to do on them..any suggestions? I like how they turned out, maybe I can snap a photo with my phone real fast. Oh and today is 26 weeks

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #614
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtytot View Post
Fiona sent me the knitpicks smittens coz I can't get on the KP site. I'm making those incase we will be staying in temporary housing for the holidays. one for everyday until christmas. Im also thinking of knitting tiny ornaments i can hang to stuff the smittens with. I'm not getting our Christmas decors out coz they will be packed and shipped anyway . I'm testing a cardigan on rav and making a sweater for me but have not decided on a pattern.

How's your nb stash?
Aw, that was cool of Fi to send you the pattern. Sorry you're in transit soon, but your plans sound great! I think with the extra effort, it will turn into good Christmas with special memories

My newbie diaper stash is set minus some random snappis and diaper pins I need to get (hello Black Friday ) and we're set. I just need to get cracking on my woolie stash. I have some interlock wraps/soakers and a few knit soakers. Think I will do 2 nb longies and about 3 small longies and we're good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
I hope my day gets better from here on out... DD bawling because the muffins for school didn't turn out well enough for her to take - I could NOT get the centers to bake, so they're perfect outsides and raw insides. Taking organic fruit rool ups instead.
Then I got my perfect bowl of cheerios with a banana on top for breakfast.... took the first bite to find rotten/sour milk The worst part is, this is teh gallon of milk my hubby bought less than 12 hours ago when I sent him out just before the kids bedtime last night because we were out... just checked the date. Nov 13th. Sold on the evening of the 14th. GRR!
Sorry the cupcakes didn't turn out, but homemade fruit roll ups sound yummy. My C would be all over that!

Do you still have the recipe for the milk? Maybe you can get your money back or exchange it? I'd be spitting mad. Preggo lady with yucky food...blasphemy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybellybuttons View Post
Awesome. Just a drive by I have so much work to get done and haven't had time to say hi. Hope everyone has a great day.
Hoping to finish the HH I have OTN for my dd before the weekend.
It's cold here and I am wishing I had started me sweater. har har lol

What is a good inexpensive yarn to knit a sweater with? That isn't itchy. hmmmm
Knitpicks swish is really nice and drapes well. Cascade is okay, but I prefer Knitpicks and is much softer than the Cascade I've run into.

Quote:
I'm putting a lifeline in to frog back 4 rows, over 1,000st
Whatcha making? Is this for C's sweater or Mali's outfit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
Mindy, If I had more apple turnovers, I'd be eating them again today...I would have liked the second one for breakfast today. I almost want to go out and get more!
Oh my name buddy...my co-worker finally made it to work and bestowed me with a dozen krispie kreme donuts (glazed and choco covered). I shall eat one or a few in honor of you. Good thing I must've passed my glucose test (no call from OB's).

Quote:
Karen...I'm test knitting a hat for dakine knits. It goes with the cardi I tested for them. IMO it looks sort of odd. But I'm going to add a bow to it and hopefully it will look better
Oh, I saw that hat on rav. Yeah...its interesting. Reminds me of a fortune teller's hat. I'd call it Madame something or another if I named the project. I think with a bow or crocheted flower in the gather, it might look cute....or on a kid with lots of long hair so you don't look bald wearing it.

Quote:
I'm crafting for two hours then cleaning for two hours after we finish up school and lunch. Then C should be home. Where has this off day gone?
Day gone? I'm just eating my breakfast now! How's the job situation going? Did you decide on madtosh for C's sweater?

Quote:
sorry about the tummy troubles.

I love these cupcakes!

these ones look like the snowball type cookies ontop the cupcake
I so saw those on Pinterest...then I saw them on Pintrosity (or something like that). Its the site with people who attempt Pinterest ideas and fail. The cookie monster fail was hilarious...probably what my attempt would look like.

I likey those turkey with stuffing cupcakes. I wouldn't know what it would taste like. It reminds me though, I need to think of Thanksgiving treats for C's teacher and E's daycare provider. Lord knows those ladies have the patience of a Saint to love and watch over my boys.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #615
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That looks divine! Maybe I'll make that for the teachers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post

Morning! The boys were 2 minutes tardy today, oops! Thankfully today we have nothing to do and I can just relax and clean and knit. I finished the legs of the fairy frost longies, and now i just have to decide what cuff to do on them..any suggestions? I like how they turned out, maybe I can snap a photo with my phone real fast. Oh and today is 26 weeks
Can't wait to see your FO...I usually just do seed stitch but I'm boring like that... and congrats on the 26 weeks!! We're only a few days apart. I made 26 weeks on Sunday...time is flying by quickly!!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #616
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

<---- Post whoring it today

One last post before I disappear and work...

My charcoal zuzu petals is almost dry so I'll post a FO shot when I get home.
I CO my cherry tart zuzu and am almost to the lace section, love how the color is knitting up, will post a WIP later today.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #617
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

My WIP, just needs cuffs...when I can decide which ones I want to do.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #618
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

MM, pop one of those KK donuts in the micro for me and enjoy Karen! then some milk.

Please dont buy snappis. I have three pink new ones, would that do ya? I surely don't need them. I have a green and some white too, they are both used. The pinks are nice and unstretched.

Hmm so swish is nice or not nice? Thaks for checking Erica, no rush.

just back from both kids Thanksgiving luncheon, the cafeteria one. Tomorrow is the big one I am making a turkey for. I just realized I have a dentist appt at 9am tomorrow. I need to get the turkey in and then carve it when I get back and have it ready by 12:30...I think it is going to be close!

Knitting question....I just grafted the hood closed w/the kitchener that was in the pattern for the seed sts and it came out ribbed? Did I do something wrong, would it work if I just move everthing over one sts? I didn't think about it a whole lot yet but if someone has a quick answer, I'll take it. I am going to pull out and try the "move it one sts down" and see what happens.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #619
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert
MM, pop one of those KK donuts in the micro for me and enjoy Karen! then some milk.

Please dont buy snappis. I have three pink new ones, would that do ya? I surely don't need them. I have a green and some white too, they are both used. The pinks are nice and unstretched.

just back from both kids Thanksgiving luncheon, the cafeteria one. Tomorrow is the big one I am making a turkey for. I just realized I have a dentist appt at 9am tomorrow. I need to get the turkey in and then carve it when I get back and have it ready by 12:30...I think it is going to be close!

Knitting question....I just grafted the hood closed w/the kitchener that was in the pattern for the seed sts and it came out ribbed? Did I do something wrong, would it work if I just move everthing over one sts? I didn't think about it a whole lot yet but if someone has a quick answer, I'll take it. I am going to pull out and try the "move it one sts down" and see what happens.
That solution would work.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #620
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert

Ooh, I'd love the snappis! PM and I can you some pp! Thanks!!!

For the seed st, I think your plan would work.