Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #941
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: VETERANS DAY! KAL 11/11-11/17 Knit to a goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
ick.. Ground beef is only made into hamburger, tacos or meatballs in this house. And the meatballs only go in tomato sauce. Yes, miss picky here.
For whatever reason, when I was pregnant I had an intense love affair with cabbage, and it's continued. I have been making beef and cabbage pie every couple of weeks in the past two years. It's just ground beef and sauteed wilted cabbage mixed in tomato sauce, and then topped with pie crust.

Advertisement

Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #942
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
We have had great success with children's place clothes. My oldest has jeans that I bought second hand that still look fantastic after wearing them for close to a year.
our CP doesn't have that great of selection but they do have good sales at times.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #943
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert

our CP doesn't have that great of selection but they do have good sales at times.
We have an outlet about a half hour away and another about an hour away. It's where my mom and I go for serious shopping when seasons change. I'm always adding to the next size up for my oldest.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #944
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
For whatever reason, when I was pregnant I had an intense love affair with cabbage, and it's continued. I have been making beef and cabbage pie every couple of weeks in the past two years. It's just ground beef and sauteed wilted cabbage mixed in tomato sauce, and then topped with pie crust.
ick

I'll take a hamburger and fried cabbage though. I like cabbage fried in butter and mixed w/egg noodles. I am part polish and that was something I had growing up. I don't like pie crust either. If I have pie, I only eat the middle. Apple pie middle tastes just like the middle of apple turnovers...mmmmm I'll eat thaT crunchy part that sticks over the side but only if its good crust. The mushy bottom is ick.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #945
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
We have had great success with children's place clothes. My oldest has jeans that I bought second hand that still look fantastic after wearing them for close to a year.
I think I am going to try them, the more I think about it (and it's rainy-ish out here so I am thinking lazy day) the more I want to just go to the mall a few minutes away. They have a Children's Place that I have never been into but I think it's time to try it. It's good to know more places that clothes hold up. I hate things falling apart, I would rather just pay for quality and wash the heck out of it and keep it forever.

I just hope my DS wakes up on the right side of the crib and is in a good shopping mood. He seems to have inherited his dad's shopping genes so I usually only get ten minutes out of him, hence the usual online late night shopping.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #946
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
ick

I'll take a hamburger and fried cabbage though. I like cabbage fried in butter and mixed w/egg noodles. I am part polish and that was something I had growing up. I don't like pie crust either. If I have pie, I only eat the middle. Apple pie middle tastes just like the middle of apple turnovers...mmmmm I'll eat thaT crunchy part that sticks over the side but only if its good crust. The mushy bottom is ick.
Well, we have to agree to disagree I LOVE pie crust, but I make it from scratch and I am picky about it.

Cabbage in butter with egg noodles and beef is also a Russian dish, but they add sour cream sometimes, which I just cannot get behind.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #947
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

OH, I really don't like shopping w/kids. I wish you luck.

Think that scrapbooking supplies can be sent media mail? Maybe I would consider selling mine if so.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #948
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
Well, we have to agree to disagree I LOVE pie crust, but I make it from scratch and I am picky about it.

Cabbage in butter with egg noodles and beef is also a Russian dish, but they add sour cream sometimes, which I just cannot get behind.
ahhh....no sour cream! and no beef. Try the cabbage, butter and noodles, yummy. I like it when the cabbage gets a bit brown on the edges.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #949
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
ahhh....no sour cream! and no beef. Try the cabbage, butter and noodles, yummy. I like it when the cabbage gets a bit brown on the edges.
Do you like dumplings? Have you had cabbage and butter dumplings?

This is such a random conversation
Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #950
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas
Do we want sloppy joes or meat loaf for dinner? Sides are smashed potatoes and gravy, corn and probably a bread of some kind.
Meatloaf, but that's because I despise Sloppy Joe's.

I the Easy Pleasing Meatloaf from the Stove Top stuffing box.