Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
bcarroll9494
Registered Users
seller
seller

Facebook communication PSA

I've been having this problem a lot and have heard other WAHMs mention the same thing - so I thought I'd put a PSA out.

Facebook communication is kind of unreliable. Notifications have been hit or miss for biz pages lately. Particularly in a situation like this:
-You comment on a biz page's post or photo (maybe ask a question)
-Biz admin answers you back in the post... maybe even "tags" your name
*** you never get notification of the tag, and never surf back to see the answer.

~OR~
-you comment on a post which is an entry to a giveaway (I know these are a FB no-no anyhow)
-the contest period ends and the Biz admin tags the winner at the end of the comments. The Biz may also announce the winner in a new post, but you can't be "tagged" unless you are a personal friend of the biz admin.
*** you never get notification of the tag, and forget you entered so don't surf back to see that you won.

~OR~
-you comment on a picture to say you want to buy an item
-the WAHM comments back to ask you to PM your PP address.
*** you don't get notification of the tag, so the WAHM can't invoice you until you find the note.

You get the idea. The point is, that FB does not always notify you with a friendly red light if your name is tagged by a biz page. Or if a biz comments in a post you've commented in. But sometimes it does..... so?????? It's kind of frustrating.

A BIZ page cannot initiate a PM to an individual - so it is hard for us to track you down if we don't already know you.

Advertisement

Unique hand-dyed diapers and more.
bcarroll9494 is offline   Reply With Quote