Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae
I had some diapers that smelled like that once! Omg it took me 2 full overnight strips, bleach, and countless washes to get them to stop! Can you trade back?
I think once you've washed them, "they're yours" and the other party isn't required the trade back - per DS rules. It stinks (literally) but that's the rule.

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Trade Rant

im not sure if the you wash it its yourse rule applies to trades or not, i kind of thought that was a paypal rule (generally) that DS stood behind for purchases. I could be wrong though, ive never had a problem with a trade, so im not much help there.

Did you contact the other mom and let her know about the condition? sometimes we dont notice things smell off in our own homes, so she may not have been aware, like if she has an ammonia problem with all her diapers or something she would be used to them smelling that way. That doesnt excuse it, but she may be equally mortified if she knew, KWIM?

i would just wash them a few more times if you want to keep them, anytime ive bought used diapers its taken more than a few washes to get the smell of the previous owners detergent out
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried airing them out. I just thought of that. There are others I think I have chatted with kinda sharing the nt liking trades thing either.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #14
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

I am curious. Did she have good feedback before the trade? I think this is where fb can help other ppl out.

I would leave negative fb if I recieved diapers that smelled of crap and cat pee that wash't disclosed, not a single doubt about it.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #15
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

P
Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Ok I'm gonna join. Not that I have a thing to try for smell besides fabreeze & whip it. I feel like ones looking forstuff doesn't have stuff I want besides pp. I'm not being unreasonable in cost even with shipping. I feel like ones that have stuff want more from me than I want from them...not ann even trade......I'm not made of money......
Quote:
Ok I'm gonna join. Not that I have a thing to try for smell besides fabreeze & whip it. I feel like ones looking forstuff doesn't have stuff I want besides pp. I'm not being unreasonable in cost even with shipping. I feel like ones that have stuff want more from me than I want from them...not ann even trade......I'm not made of money......
[QUOTE=BinahYeteirah;15920972]I'd be really grossed out, too, if I traded with someone and got diapers that stink! Similar experiences have made me picky with my trades.

This next part is not directed at the OP.

Well, maybe you shouldn't contact people about their ISO items in the TRADE only forum if they don't have anything you want. There's nothing wrong with seeing if a trade is possible, even if there isn't anything listed you like, just to see, but if you use the trade forum as a place to try to sell your stuff, you'll be disappointed. You aren't the only one who doesn't have extra money lying around. Unless someone explicitly states in their trade thread, "IHA: Paypal," they're trying to get stuff for stuff, not spend money, even on fairly-priced goods. If you mostly need Paypal, just list your stuff in the sale sections of FSOT and people will contact you if they want to pay for your stuff. [/QUOTE)

Pregnant sensitive rant filled person currently. I just remembered what u had & yea on tight finances can't do. Sorry. I have told others looking for ur stuff about u & like with other items in hope mamas can remember we I thought were trying to help each other out.

But some have stuff I do want & they want like not to mention names : one person wants lots of my socks for girl baby & few outfits for them & I get 2 shirts for my older daughter that are summer stuff(lightweight I imagine). Not fair cuz I don't get as much even though I asked about another shirt as well & in shipping area hers I can't imagine being as much as mine to send plus she says she trades generously.

Some say try me that don't bother me because yes in trade only & I'm hoping as long shot ....but mostly I'm looking in iso area that iha if trade seems more reasonable to do. Few I never hear back from on offers since they say mmao.......the other thing I guess I don't get is in trade only some have pp in he iha or iso list, wouldn't that be a trade?

I don't have lots of time to post in each forum on size as I barely have time to get dressed in am for the day with 2 going to be 3 kids & doing almost everything around house. I have to break my legs to not do anything.plus with all the stuff I have it would take forever to list (esp since they want 1 thread for stuff in each part & I cant get pics up.....& looking for stuff now for my boy that's due in feb.........I have already like cried over stuff that normally not make me cry.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OP I'm so sorry about the stinky dipes, I think you've had some good advise, and hopefully after the treatments and washes they'll smell good again

As for trading...

It's against DS rules to be ISO paypal in the trades only forum.

IMO - I think you get out of trading what you put into it. I don't do much trading anymore (too picky, and no time to search them out) but I when I did a lot of it, I made sure my info was up and accurate, with good pics. Lots of people list tons of things they are ISO, but that doesn't mean they'd trade anything for them. Everyone's ISO list is prioritized. You can't get offended if you offer someone something that is low on their list in exchange for one of their "hotter" items. Or if someone refuses to send paypal for something they are ISO, even if they say that have PP. It's all about priorities, and the ISO lists are just that, lists. Not everything on the list weighs evenly.
Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I think once you've washed them, "they're yours" and the other party isn't required the trade back - per DS rules. It stinks (literally) but that's the rule.

You could still let her know about the stink troubles and hopefully she would want to make things right, but she doesn't have to do really anything about it since you've washed them.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #18
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Pregnant sensitive rant filled person currently. I just remembered what u had & yea on tight finances can't do. Sorry. I have told others looking for ur stuff about u & like with other items in hope mamas can remember we I thought were trying to help each other out.
Yeah, I understand being on a budget. It's just confusing when someone contacts me about my thread in the "Trades Only" forum, but doesn't see much I have that they want. Then I start to feel like my trades ISO list is being used as a general ISO list, when I really just wanted to see if I could make some trades. Several people PMed me in this vein after I posted my trade thread.

Thank you for putting a word out about me and my stuff! Everything goes better when we try to help each other.

Quote:
But some have stuff I do want & they want like not to mention names : one person wants lots of my socks for girl baby & few outfits for them & I get 2 shirts for my older daughter that are summer stuff(lightweight I imagine). Not fair cuz I don't get as much even though I asked about another shirt as well & in shipping area hers I can't imagine being as much as mine to send plus she says she trades generously.
It can be frustrating when you think that the trade is not an even trade. I can see how that would bother you, although there are many factors that go into the perceived value of various items. Maybe that person thought those shirts were super awesome or something.

Quote:
Some say try me that don't bother me because yes in trade only & I'm hoping as long shot ....but mostly I'm looking in iso area that iha if trade seems more reasonable to do. Few I never hear back from on offers since they say mmao.......the other thing I guess I don't get is in trade only some have pp in he iha or iso list, wouldn't that be a trade?
If someone is offering or requesting Paypal, that is a purchase type of transaction, rather than a trade. Apparently, it is against the rules to request Paypal in the trades forum. Interesting. I didn't know that, although I do not state that in my thread.

Quote:
I don't have lots of time to post in each forum on size as I barely have time to get dressed in am for the day with 2 going to be 3 kids & doing almost everything around house. I have to break my legs to not do anything.plus with all the stuff I have it would take forever to list (esp since they want 1 thread for stuff in each part & I cant get pics up.....& looking for stuff now for my boy that's due in feb.........I have already like cried over stuff that normally not make me cry.
Well, I hope your pregnancy continues to go smoothly and easily as possible. I know what you mean about not having time; I have five kids myself!
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #19
janeen0225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a diaper like that once! It smelled like something had died in it, OMG! I was completely ready to throw. It. Out. I soaked it overnight in 1/2 vinegar, 1/2 water, then gave it a good wash. Good as new!
Cloth diapering our new little bundle
janeen0225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resellmybelle View Post
I am curious. Did she have good feedback before the trade? I think this is where fb can help other ppl out.

I would leave negative fb if I recieved diapers that smelled of crap and cat pee that wash't disclosed, not a single doubt about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
Yeah, I understand being on a budget. It's just confusing when someone contacts me about my thread in the "Trades Only" forum, but doesn't see much I have that they want. Then I start to feel like my trades ISO list is being used as a general ISO list, when I really just wanted to see if I could make some trades. Several people PMed me in this vein after I posted my trade thread.

Thank you for putting a word out about me and my stuff! Everything goes better when we try to help each other.

It can be frustrating when you think that the trade is not an even trade. I can see how that would bother you, although there are many factors that go into the perceived value of various items. Maybe that person thought those shirts were super awesome or something.

If someone is offering or requesting Paypal, that is a purchase type of transaction, rather than a trade. Apparently, it is against the rules to request Paypal in the trades forum. Interesting. I didn't know that, although I do not state that in my thread.

Well, I hope your pregnancy continues to go smoothly and easily as possible. I know what you mean about not having time; I have five kids myself!
Good to know ablout that trade only part & pp. I wish there was a spot just to say iha this stuff instead of iso because I feel like if people just post the iha then people could find better to sell & those looking to buy could just look there through lists indtead of having stuff in wrong area in the trades only part if looking for pp but would also trade type thing.