Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
RunawayBunny's Avatar
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH

He wanted to keep a four slice toaster when only two slices worked. We never used all four slices when they did work, anyway, so I bought a new two slice toaster. He thought we needed a "back up". I was like, if this one breaks, we will buy a new one. No need to keep the old nasty broken one.

I strive to be a minimalist but fail at every opportunity (except consumerism, we dont buy much). But in that toaster kind of situation the green and thrifty side of me totally win out. I'd be using half a toaster til the whole darn thing broke!

Glad to hear dh changed his mind about the hb! And yay for baby moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
Yay for a home birth!! Dh is pretty much like whatever i want i can do

And seeing the baby kick...woop woop!

Afm: made it to FL!! Safe and sound. Kids are playing hard with my dad and little (3) sister! Beach tomorrow!
Fun times! Where in FL? We used to live in the panhandle. We still go about twice a year to deal with our tenants/rental house.

Elana, love hiccup! Adorable nickname.

Afm: had a long and stressful day. Found a volunteer to watch my dogs for my third tri but she already has 3 dogs. I drove 2.5 hours one way and we introduced them today and none of them got along. She was a super nice woman though and served us delicious white bean, chicken soup for lunch. So kinda back to square one on the dog front.

And i ate too much dinner and am in so much pain from riding in the car. Oh goodness, I think I will quit whining now.

Anyone have the to do thread bookmarked and want to bump it up?

Advertisement

__________________
Meg, Momma to Joey (Feb 2010)
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th

I bumped up the to do before baby arrives thread!!!


Kelsey--So bc you probably will not move to VA and it would be difficult to find a MW bc of the laws, could you find a birthing center in VA or is that not a possibility?

We have similar laws here in AL. Not sure I would ever do a HB. I think they are wonderful. Dh is a tad bit OCD and he would totally be on my nerves the WHOLE time! Plus not sure I would want to have to do everything around the house while in labor bc DH is freaking out bc there are water splashes on the bathroom sink. LOL sad but true. I love him and he is a wonderful husband but geez so OCD!

Very uneventful day today, which is fine by me. I have been cramping a bit in my upper stomach area. Not fun. Other than that all is well here!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #13
RunawayBunny's Avatar
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
I bumped up the to do before baby arrives thread!!!
Thank you!
__________________
Meg, Momma to Joey (Feb 2010)
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #14
KelseyH's Avatar
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

By the end with DD2, if you looked at my stomach while sitting it looked like I had a writhing octopus in there.
Me, too, with DS!! It was absolutely insane! Lol. Looking forward to that again. DH thought it was soooo cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Kelsey--So bc you probably will not move to VA and it would be difficult to find a MW bc of the laws, could you find a birthing center in VA or is that not a possibility?

We have similar laws here in AL. Not sure I would ever do a HB. I think they are wonderful. Dh is a tad bit OCD and he would totally be on my nerves the WHOLE time! Plus not sure I would want to have to do everything around the house while in labor bc DH is freaking out bc there are water splashes on the bathroom sink. LOL sad but true. I love him and he is a wonderful husband but geez so OCD!
That was actually one of our original three options, and I would be able to deliver with my doctor, who I LOVE, but the travel aspect worries me. The birth center I would use is about an hour and a half away, and DH works about two hours away, and it could be several hours before I got to the birth center (if I drove with DH and went into labor while he was on shift). The travel aspect would stress me out so much, I feel it would totally negate the purpose of having a stress-free birth plan. Even though I know between my bible study ladies I would be able to find child care and transport, that's just not something I think I would deal very well with.

Luckily, my DH has a very laid personality. He is very calm and take-charge during emergencies or urgent situations, and super supportive of me. I have no doubt he will handle a HB well (or at least appear to, for my sake ).
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #15
Mom2Connor's Avatar
Mom2Connor
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,283
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th

I must be the only one here that likes a hospital birth! I like being catered to basically by DH and the nurses, they bring things and answer questions, one helped a lot with DS and I (major nursing issues with him). They had lactation consultants on hand to visit and help too. It was nice only having to lay back, recover, take care of DS with DH, watch TV, and have visitors. The only aspect I didn't like was the night waking, it didn't coincide with DS's waking so that was rough. I was so ready to go home by day 4 (yeah, emergency c-section, it was a tough hospital recovery due to HELLP syndrome).

The food on the maternity ward was really good too, they have their own food service for it, (SO much better than other hospital food I've had at the same hospital) and the bathroom shower was to die for. I dream of a shower like that. The maternity floor was awesome.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #16
KelseyH's Avatar
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
I must be the only one here that likes a hospital birth! I like being catered to basically by DH and the nurses, they bring things and answer questions, one helped a lot with DS and I (major nursing issues with him). They had lactation consultants on hand to visit and help too. It was nice only having to lay back, recover, take care of DS with DH, watch TV, and have visitors. The only aspect I didn't like was the night waking, it didn't coincide with DS's waking so that was rough. I was so ready to go home by day 4 (yeah, emergency c-section, it was a tough hospital recovery due to HELLP syndrome).

The food on the maternity ward was really good too, they have their own food service for it, (SO much better than other hospital food I've had at the same hospital) and the bathroom shower was to die for. I dream of a shower like that. The maternity floor was awesome.
I would like to have a nice, local hospital birth. Unfortunately my last birth was a fight with the nurses about one thing or another - eating during labor, refusing Pitocin, wanting to get up to use the bathroom, wearing my own clothes, declining a CS after only 11 hours of labor, pushing on my side, not signing a circumcision consent form, not sending DS to the nursery, not giving DS formula, not torturing DS with a hearing test, etc. It was ALL a huge conflict. There were a couple good nurses mixed in there but nothing worth me subjecting myself to that again.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #17
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
AFM: OMG, I JUST SAW THE BABY KICK!!

(and I'm slightly jealous, lol) Can't wait to see Hiccup moving! I also can't wait until DH and the kids are able to feel him moving, too - it shouldn't be that much longer, I've felt some good thumps from the outside myself that I'm sure they would feel if they were right there then, kwim? Just need Hiccup to get moving a bit more predictably, so I can get them to have their hand ready when he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Afm: made it to FL!! Safe and sound. Kids are playing hard with my dad and little (3) sister! Beach tomorrow!
Have a great time!
I canNOT imagine beach weather right now - if you click my name in my siggy (link to our blog) you'll see exactly why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
By the end with DD2, if you looked at my stomach while sitting it looked like I had a writhing octopus in there.
DH used to just watch with this look of both amazement and disgust - he told me he couldn't imagine having something inside of him doing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Elana, love hiccup! Adorable nickname.

Afm: had a long and stressful day. Found a volunteer to watch my dogs for my third tri but she already has 3 dogs. I drove 2.5 hours one way and we introduced them today and none of them got along. She was a super nice woman though and served us delicious white bean, chicken soup for lunch. So kinda back to square one on the dog front.
Thanks! I think so too! And it makes a difference for him to have a nn - Babe was all right, obvious and to the point, but a "real" nn that's just his is different, more connecting/attaching - a good thing.

Shucks about the dogs not getting along. Shoot.
Do you need someone to take them for the whole trimester, or just really for the birth? Are there any kennels locally that you could have them be at for a few weeks come full term?
On the bright side, the soup sounds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I must be the only one here that likes a hospital birth!
Sometimes it feels that way, eh? I have had all hospital births, and while I haven't always had wonderful experiences (none too terrible, but not all as awesome as others) I don't have anything against a hospital birth.
I am generally all right (not too shy) telling the staff what I want, and the mat staff here is great. DH is very good about knowing my "plan" and what I want done or don't want done, and he has no issues with standing up and saying "no" if I am not able to.
The food is not too bad - I've certainly had much worse in hospital. And they don't bother us too much - I guess they figure by the 3rd and 4th babies, mom probably knows what she's doing?
I don't usually stay very long after my births - the longest I have stayed was with DS2 for 4 days because of the c-sec. Although I was also in hospital for 4 days with DD, but the first day was all laboring. I left after 12 hours with DS1, and the following afternoon with DS3 (I would have felt fine leaving earlier, but we were watching my platelets and making sure they didn't drop after the transfusions stopped).

All that to say - nope, you're not the only one!

AFM: Snow, , and I gotta get kids up, fed, bundled, and off to school! Then I think I'll make some banana-blueberry muffins
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post

That was actually one of our original three options, and I would be able to deliver with my doctor, who I LOVE, but the travel aspect worries me. The birth center I would use is about an hour and a half away, and DH works about two hours away, and it could be several hours before I got to the birth center (if I drove with DH and went into labor while he was on shift). The travel aspect would stress me out so much, I feel it would totally negate the purpose of having a stress-free birth plan. Even though I know between my bible study ladies I would be able to find child care and transport, that's just not something I think I would deal very well with.

I am an hour and a half from the hospital. I thought it would be an issue but it wasn't. If I went into labor during the day I would have went to a matenee or grab a bite and even the mall. But I went into labor at 3:30 am.

My dh works in the same town that we live though. I thought the birthing center may have been closer to your dh's work. If that was the case I would just go to the area his work was the closer I got. See I know how close I am now bc I am on the 4th. It is a good 2 weeks earlier then my due date.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I must be the only one here that likes a hospital birth! I like being catered to basically by DH and the nurses, they bring things and answer questions, one helped a lot with DS and I (major nursing issues with him). They had lactation consultants on hand to visit and help too. It was nice only having to lay back, recover, take care of DS with DH, watch TV, and have visitors. The only aspect I didn't like was the night waking, it didn't coincide with DS's waking so that was rough. I was so ready to go home by day 4 (yeah, emergency c-section, it was a tough hospital recovery due to HELLP syndrome).

The food on the maternity ward was really good too, they have their own food service for it, (SO much better than other hospital food I've had at the same hospital) and the bathroom shower was to die for. I dream of a shower like that. The maternity floor was awesome.
I love the hospital. For me it gets better everytime. My last hospital was amazing. I have delivered at 3 different hospitals in 3 different states. I felt like I was on vacation last time with only one baby to take care of and people bringing me food.

But if it is a bad hospital I can totally agree to check out different options. If I had to use the hospital in my town I would be a reck!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #19
MrsCrafty's Avatar
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,882
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th

Hooray for seeing the baby move! I remember that with DS I cannot wait!
Glad everyones doing well, but brrr about all the snow!!! We got a little this morning, really just a dusting. But we aren't really ready, we need to get our snow fences up still. Saturday we cleaned the yard, put all the kids toys in the barn and hung up our Christmas lights! Yesterday I had a bridal shower, it was really fun, good food and I got a bunch of kitchen gear! It makes me feel so blessed our family gifting us with these parties and things we need for the house. DF was sick with a fever so I took both kids into the city with me and they did pretty good.
I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but I think I'm finally over the m/s. I actually went grocery shopping on Saturday, I only threw up once all weekend! I've been craving fresh fruits and veggies so today at work I have grapes, sliced apples, and veggies with ranch dip! Yum!
__________________
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #20
MrsCrafty's Avatar
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,882
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th

dp

Last edited by MrsCrafty; 11-12-2012 at 07:58 AM.
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.