Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
sarahpotter
Registered Users
seller

Location: where you can have the heater and airconditioner on in the same day
My Mood:
Can I Make It to 40 Wks

I am 32 weeks with my 5th child and all of my other children carried 41 weeks however, with this one at 32 weeks I only measure 28 weeks. Why? Because she has dropped so far down. Ultrasound shows a healthy baby weighing 4lbs 5ozs and fluids are fine. I've also had Braxton Hicks pretty much this entire pregnancy but they have increased from 1 or 2 every once in a while to 5 or 6 a day. I did not have my OB check my cervix.
So, Christmas baby? Or can I hold out to 40? I really want her to stay in there until she is at least 40 weeks if everything is fine.
Just wondering what y'all thought.

Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am very early in my pregnancy but I worry about this alot. My first I went 40 +2, 2nd was 38 weeks and my 3rd was 34. I also hope and pray this one will stay put. I think sometimes it is out of our control though I will say a prayer for you mama. Hugs!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 11-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I Make It to 40 Wks

All of our babies like to get down early but they have all gone to 40ish weeks. Our last LO #4 was SO low my 32 or 34 weeks that you could touch her head very easily and I was 4 cm by like 36 weeks. She still hung in there.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

My ds was super low. He was very tucked in. And then he dropped. So many people were astonished at how i carried him. I also had long periods of bh contractions starting around 33 weeks. Like 5 times a day i would have contractions for an hour. They were never regular (1.5 min in between, then 45 sec, then 2.5 min...) and never got stronger. They also weren't dilating. He went til 40w5d when i was induced for low fluids.

So I wouldn't worry yet. Certainly if you have more signs of early labor then worry, but I wouldnt worry about the what ifs yet.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote