Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
DS (22m) has been awake since 2:30am

I'm in tears right now, I can't take it anymore. It's now past 4am. He woke up at 2:30, I left him in bed hoping he would go back to sleep until 3am. Then he started screaming. I got him some milk (which I haven't done in months) but he drank it & continued to scream. He wants to get up & start the day. DH &/or I sit with him & try to rock for an hour while he screams his head off- like the neighbors could probably hear him. At 4am we give up & let him get up.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DS (22m) has been awake since 2:30am

Hugs! I get crazy when I don't get sleep so I feel for u! My yds had sleep issues. The hardest part for us was not letting him sleep the day away the next day. Hang in there!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #3
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

My children go through these phases. The only thing to do is turn on a movie and go back to sleep. It has helped save my sanity. My son wants to get up at 4:30 right now. He is 18 months. We turn on a movie bc we have tv in our room and I go back to sleep, within an hour he is out again and will sleep until 7:30. I am so sorry you are going through this. It does stink.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knodceo
My children go through these phases. The only thing to do is turn on a movie and go back to sleep. It has helped save my sanity. My son wants to get up at 4:30 right now. He is 18 months. We turn on a movie bc we have tv in our room and I go back to sleep, within an hour he is out again and will sleep until 7:30. I am so sorry you are going through this. It does stink.
I should have just stuck him in front of the tv to begin with & saved myself the frustration. Bc in the end DH sat with him on the couch with a movie at 4am & he was asleep by 5am. So we all got another 4 hrs or so of sleep. But I am still dragging. Thank goodness I don't work & DH can work from home.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by knodceo View Post
This. I leave a gate accessible so that I can lock our DS with me in the family room. I change his bum, get him some milk and cheerios and turn on the tv. I lay on the couch and doze off and on until I'm in a better frame of mind.

ETA: I have moments where I just have to cry as well. My son is 25 months and his night wakings can bring me to my knees.

Last edited by Bellaroo; 11-12-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
mumtothem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My ds who is 3 did this last night.He woke up at 2am so I let DH sleep and take care of our youngest and I took him downstairs and we cuddles on the couch.I dozed while he watched sid the science kid on dvr.At 6am I woke DH up and he let me sleep till 8.Ds just fell asleep at 845 till just now he woke at 10am.Hopefully he will go to be on time tonight and this wont happen again for awhile.He has always slept horrible, he still wakes 1-2 times a night.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with a horrible sleeper. None of my IRL friends with kids similar aged complain very much about night or early waking. I wonder if they just don't complain or their kids just sleep better.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
Ally's Fuzzies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww... I hope you get a better sleep tonight!

My DD always woke up at strange times until we got her a GroClock (at 20 months). Now she knows that if Mr. Star is showing that she needs to stay in bed quietly until Mr. Sun wakes up (the clock changes from star to sun at a preset time). It has substantially helped with her wake up times, and now she is finally in a routine.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally's Fuzzies
Awww... I hope you get a better sleep tonight!

My DD always woke up at strange times until we got her a GroClock (at 20 months). Now she knows that if Mr. Star is showing that she needs to stay in bed quietly until Mr. Sun wakes up (the clock changes from star to sun at a preset time). It has substantially helped with her wake up times, and now she is finally in a routine.
Thanks! I am looking into getting one of those clocks

Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I can't say enough good things about the toddler clocks. Our 25month old understands how the clock works just great. Took a few weeks of training and I'm getting a good nights sleep again.