Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I hate how I feel...

I hate feeling the way I do. I am not a good mother or wife or housekeeper these days. Im depressed alot. I cannot figure it out. I was never like this with my other pregnancies. I feel so alone and Im so tired. I swear. Noon hits and Im dying. My house is a disaster. My kids NEED me. I cannot get out of bed. I have been feeling lately, that maybe I will fail at being a good mom to 3 kids. I feel yucky.

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I hate how I feel...

Oh no I'm sure it's because of hormones. Usually things get better by the second trimester...that includes feeling of sickness and other hormone related issues
Ike depression.
In the meantime, maybe u can talk to your gyn and see what they can offer?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

you are not alone. It is so hard for me to get through the day and I also feel like I am failing my ids. It is just the pregnancy though. You ARE will continue to be a great mom! We just have to get through this crappy first trimester >
Old 10-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My last pregnancy was 3 years ago and I had a dream first trimester. I was just tired and slept a ton and my mom took my DD all the time. I was spoiled. This trimester has been so yucky. Im just praying that the second trimester brings relief and we have a beautiful healthy baby. I just hate feeling like this!

Sad your all feeling yucky but glad im not alone. Thanks loves!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Count me in. I'm lucky if I feel human one or two days a week.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
leyash
Registered Users
seller

SO GLAD I am not the only one. I'm on edge all the time. I feel horrible 90% of the time. I don't even have the energy to get up and make dinner for my kiddos (or husband for that matter). I have a hard time doing anything, including laundry or dishes. I work as much as I can during the day (I work from home), but sometimes even that seems ridiculously overwhelming. I really just want all of this crappy stuff to be over with so that I can enjoy this pregnancy. It's our last, so I want to enjoy it.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
leashybeashy
Registered Users

I feel the same way. DH is deployed this whole pregnancy, which we planned, but I didn't realize how hard it would be with a 19 month old, a FT job, and no hubby. I feel like my house is a disaster. I try and feed my child mcdonalds and he hates it so then I have to make him something. I nap with him when I can but it doesn't help a ton. I have no family here and I just wish I did so they could take DS once in a while so I could sleep, shower, and do a little cleaning without him. I feel you mama, lets hope second trimester is better for us all!
leashybeashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
Kidletsnme3
Registered Users

This is sooo me too. : ( This baby was a big surprise. My youngest is 6. My mood swings are crazy with this pregnancy. I am so down, angry, stressed all the time. Feel like I am failing my older two. *sigh*
Kidletsnme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DDC. My 3rd is 5 weeks old, I was really depressed during the whole pregnancy. It was scary, it was the first time I felt like that. I also was freaked out whether or not I could be a good mom to 3 when I felt like a bad mom to 2. Every failure I had as a mom just made me more depressed and a worse mom. I was tired, crabby, and tired and crabby. That just made me more depressed that I was so depressed and knew it and couldn't do anything about it. Plus I barely spoke to my DH; he didn't do anything wrong, I was just so angry all the time.

I do feel better now; within about 2 weeks after delivery I felt like I had a personality transplant. It does have a name, antepartum depression.

I hope you all feel better soon. If you don't, please try to get some help (counseling or meds) so you don't end up like me (and it is scary to type this) wondering if God gave you an anterior placenta previa to try to kill you and take you away from your children bc you were a horrible mother. I'm totally serious; I stayed awake the night before my c-section sobbing and writing good bye letters to my dh and kids bc I was convinced that I was going to die in the OR at the hands of God so that my children would be better off. I wish I would have spent my pregnancy happy and excited instead of completely miserable.

The scary part is that I tried to bring it up to my midwife; she blew it off like it was nothing. If you think you need some help, you may have to get it on your own.

Good luck to you all.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum
DDC. My 3rd is 5 weeks old, I was really depressed during the whole pregnancy. It was scary, it was the first time I felt like that. I also was freaked out whether or not I could be a good mom to 3 when I felt like a bad mom to 2. Every failure I had as a mom just made me more depressed and a worse mom. I was tired, crabby, and tired and crabby. That just made me more depressed that I was so depressed and knew it and couldn't do anything about it. Plus I barely spoke to my DH; he didn't do anything wrong, I was just so angry all the time.

I do feel better now; within about 2 weeks after delivery I felt like I had a personality transplant. It does have a name, antepartum depression.

I hope you all feel better soon. If you don't, please try to get some help (counseling or meds) so you don't end up like me (and it is scary to type this) wondering if God gave you an anterior placenta previa to try to kill you and take you away from your children bc you were a horrible mother. I'm totally serious; I stayed awake the night before my c-section sobbing and writing good bye letters to my dh and kids bc I was convinced that I was going to die in the OR at the hands of God so that my children would be better off. I wish I would have spent my pregnancy happy and excited instead of completely miserable.

The scary part is that I tried to bring it up to my midwife; she blew it off like it was nothing. If you think you need some help, you may have to get it on your own.

Good luck to you all.
Wow! That is heartbreaking! I am sooo sorry you went through that.

I had a few weeks where I was feeling really down too. Snapping at my kids and hubby, not cooking (it was SUPER hot then too), I had weeks worth of laundry piling up. But it's gotten better and my self worth is coming back too.

Hang in there but I agree with others. Talk to your DR and if it's bad, don't let it go ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh