Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Advise for going from one to two children?

So what advise do you other mamas have for someone like me who will be moving from one to two kids? Sometimes I'm a little overwhelmed with the thought of how I'll deal with two little ones! My oldest son will be about 18 months when the new baby is born.

Jesus loving, SAHM married to the man of my dreams since 11/10, mama to dear son born 07/11, dear son born 02/13 (always missing my baby boy of 20 weeks 12/09). Expecting a new little one 12/14.
Mama_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Advise for going from one to two children?

have LOTS of meals in the freezer im no expert, LO #2 is only 3 weeks but i try to spend time with my toddler every time the baby takes a decent nap. The biggest challenge for me is finding time to love on my older son
its a struggle for me but i try to remember that the housework will always be there but my babies will only be this little today.
mama to elijah 08/10 & the sweet baby lost 09/09
... excitedly expecting someone new in October
Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
I'd say that it's NOT as bad as you may think. At first, with the big routine change, it can be a little overwhelming, but it shouldn't take long to get into a new swing of things. Let your older child help out as much as possible: getting diapers, "reading" to the baby, and bringing baby toys. Really concentrate on giving your big kid attention when you can, but just including him makes a big difference--he'll feel better knowing that you need him

Some kids have a harder time adjusting (my DD1 was a dream, but DD2 is a total mama's girl so I expect a little challenge from her). Try to be patient...that may be the hardest part when you're tired
Lauren married to DH since 9/07
Homeschooling mama to DD1 (9/08), DD2 (8/10), and DD3 (3/13)
Check out my blog or my Facebook page for info on essential oils and keeping your family healthy!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote