Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #21
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
This is my first pregnancy and I don't remember when they want me to increase my appts (I'm only 20 weeks right now) but our insurance does global fee for maternity care and they (the insurance company) says how often I go. If I need additional visits I can have them but I'm responsible for my co-pay for those. All that being said I would check with your insurance and see what they cover. You might be able to get some of your appts cancelled if its too often too early.

Advertisement

itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you see your doctor or midwife?

Thank you for that suggestion. They have partnered with a larger hospital and really push for us to use them. I feel like it is a $$$ issue.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #23
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, for some reason I thought you had just switched. You must have meant switched this pregnancy. Well there goes that thought. Pick your battles though Personally I'd do the visits and argue the testing, but that's just me.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #24
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Typically I go every 4 weeks up to 28 weeks, then biweekly to 36 weeks, and then weekly until birth.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #25
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm high risk but I started every 2 weeks at 22 weeks with my regular OB.

I see high risk doctor every 4 weeks for now to measure growth.

I have full labs including vitamin levels monthly.

I think they start weekly at 36 usually but they may go sooner with me this time.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 AM   #26
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

I see my OB monthly until 32 weeks. Biweekly from 32-36 weeks, then weekly from 36 weeks - delivery.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #27
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
My ob does different visits for his grand multi moms. (4 or more pregnacies).

Monthly until 26 weeks, biweekly from 27-32, then weekly from 32-delivery.

I was seeing mine weekly with number 7 starting at 27 weeks due to cervical change.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #28
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

This is #5 for me too. And honestly, prenatal appts just aren't all that exciting anymore. If I'm feeling okay and good with the pregnancy, I go as long in between visits as they'll let me. When I'd go to schedule appointments I'd give some excuse about "that week" being bad for me, and schedule for the week after just to space them out more. Of course, if I ever felt something was off, I wouldn't hesitate to call and go in sooner. This time around I told my m/w I only wanted to come in every 6 weeks (only 12 right now) and she said that was fine.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #29
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maybe I misunderstood your original post. Is this the standard schedule at this practice or something special for you because of your BMI?

I'm 32 weeks (and 39 but have no issues) and have been on biweekly since 28 weeks. I forget when I go weekly but it's not for the next two appts.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #30
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat
This is #5 for me too. And honestly, prenatal appts just aren't all that exciting anymore. If I'm feeling okay and good with the pregnancy, I go as long in between visits as they'll let me. When I'd go to schedule appointments I'd give some excuse about "that week" being bad for me, and schedule for the week after just to space them out more. Of course, if I ever felt something was off, I wouldn't hesitate to call and go in sooner. This time around I told my m/w I only wanted to come in every 6 weeks (only 12 right now) and she said that was fine.
This is my second and I am this way. I hate prenatal appt. I feel like driving 45 min and getting a hb and bp check and driving 45 min back home is annoying.

With my son, the hospital was severely onder staffed and at 38 weeks, I couldn't get an apt at 39 weeks with any doctor. I think I went 8 weeks without seeing a dr at all( 16 to 24 weeks) because of understaffing. Otherwise I went monthly.

When I got to this dr(at a civilian hospital) I thought that often sounded ridiculous until I read this thread... Oops.