Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
SSC selling advice

I've only ever had one carrier beyond a Moby, so I am no expert. I did my research and bought a beautiful koi pattern Olives and Applesauce. My husband and I both used it for an intense 6 months but we haven't reached for it in at least 4 months and I'd like to let it go. There are a couple of little spots here and there but I've never done anything to clean it up and there is no visible wear.

Where should I try to sell it? What would I ask for, money wise? I want to do what a buyer would expect of me. Should I spot treat the little (looks like a bit of yogurt) white stains or leave it be? It looks like a trip through the wash would do it a good turn but that's a no-no isn't it? It's a beautiful carrier that clearly has many lives left and I don't want to sell it short. It cost me what I thought was big money.

I'm grateful for any advice you might give. Thanks very much.

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: SSC selling advice

I'd list it here, on TheBabyWearer, and the Babywearing Facebook swap page. Ebay is also a good path.. you can probably sell for quite a bit higher there since it will be a rare item and will reach a wider audience, some who are looking specifically for an O&A and don't know of any other used-carrier market. (International buyers will especially be interested - and probably willing to pay retail or more.) I've been able to sell carriers like Angelpack or Kozy for a lot more on eBay than I could on the mom-to-mom sites.

O&A's are quite popular and you'll no doubt get lots of interest. Be sure to detail as much about the carrier such as the panel size, whether it has the curved or straight waist, whether it has the chest strap (various models of the O&A differed in these aspects), etc.

For pricing, just search and see what the going used rate is. My guess is that an O&A like yours would sell for between $100 and $150 (very broad guess). People will probably pay more if it's an 18".

I've noticed that mamas on TBW aren't too picky about minor cosmetic flaws. However, I'd do my best to get those spots out. It could be as simple as blotting with a moist wipe. I've also had success spot-cleaning those whitish marks with Dawn dish detergent and hanging to dry.

Last edited by expaik; 10-23-2012 at 01:19 PM.
expaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
paynefamily5
Registered Users

I'd like to see it. Will you PM me a pic?
paynefamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
ccbean99
Registered Users

I agree with expaik. Those are all great places to sell. I would try to wash it and see if the spots come out, if not then take detailed pics to list with the carrier. But you should be able to get a quick sale on if for anything below $150. Good luck and hope it sells fast for you.
ccbean99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for taking the time to share info guys. I feel less lost now.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

Have you sell it already? I also agree with the TBW and babywearing swap in fb..you will just send a request to be added and they reply fast. goodluck!
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote