Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #21
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon

We can hold our breath together. Figuratively at least. ;-)

I feel so torn.
Right now would be a very HARD time to have #3 (my medical issues, I still have about 30lbs to lose from baby2, DH's job situation is hairy, finances are tight, etc) but we DO want one, and if there IS a little bean in there I want it.
Dh is on his way to Walmart to get a test!

Advertisement

jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #22
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607

Dh is on his way to Walmart to get a test!
Are you testing tomorrow morning? What type do you buy from Walmart?
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:04 AM   #23
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bfn! It was a Walmart equate test pink dye. Of course they were out of the .88 ones. I should order some online. I have a feeling my cycle is going to continue to be funky while bf. I guess as long as I miss periods I'll test. I'm pretty sure I ovulated this week. My nipples were so sensitive. I just I'd two weeks ago. This is all strange. After my first two I got af back within 2 months and it was regular. I've never been irregular now that I think about it.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #24
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
Bfn! It was a Walmart equate test pink dye. Of course they were out of the .88 ones. I should order some online. I have a feeling my cycle is going to continue to be funky while bf. I guess as long as I miss periods I'll test. I'm pretty sure I ovulated this week. My nipples were so sensitive. I just I'd two weeks ago. This is all strange. After my first two I got af back within 2 months and it was regular. I've never been irregular now that I think about it.
BFN here too, with an Internet cheapy test with the pink dye. Is there a difference between the blue and pink dye tests? Is one more accurate?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #25
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon

BFN here too, with an Internet cheapy test with the pink dye. Is there a difference between the blue and pink dye tests? Is one more accurate?
Blue dye is notorious for evaps.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #26
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette

Blue dye is notorious for evaps.
Ok. That's good.

My cycles are all wacked out too bc of this medication I'm taking. I'm supposed to be taking birth control while on it, and I am on the pill, but if *can* decrease the pills effectiveness at higher doses. So I'm all paranoid that the pill isn't working. :-/ The OB said I should be fine but I'm just nervous anyway. I've been on it for three cycles and am in the middle of the seven days of placebo, and supposed to start up again on Sunday. But with all my confusion with my cycle being weird I'm feeling like I'd rather get off of the pill and go back to NFP.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #27
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

I just wanna mention, my dd was a faint line, a negative, and a super faint line (all on $1 store ovulation tests). Also, my friend bled the first two months of her 38wk pregnancy w a 9pounder, even tho she had zero bleeding w her first baby. Spotting def happens. Good luck either way!

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #28
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgle3
I just wanna mention, my dd was a faint line, a negative, and a super faint line (all on $1 store ovulation tests). Also, my friend bled the first two months of her 38wk pregnancy w a 9pounder, even tho she had zero bleeding w her first baby. Spotting def happens. Good luck either way!
On ovulation tests or on home pregnancy tests? Can you use ovulation tests for a pregnancy test?

Thanks for sharing that experience. :-). I have had early bleeding like this with both of my pregnancies so of I am pregnant it's not something that worries me.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #29
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Actually ovulation tests. I hadn't missed my period when I tested with dd. I got a neg with a pregnancy test, but an ovulation was positive two hours later. I was barely 4 weeks when I went to the doctor two days later. They were shocked I got a positive. They were just the dollar store tests. I have no idea why ovulation tests pick it up earlier, but someone mentioned it to me once and I gave it a try. I only tested because I had heartburn which was totally unheard of for me. Talk about a weird early preg symptom. A week later I would have known because of a constant weak stomach , so at least I got a week heads up before things fell in my lap symptom wise. Nothing would have tipped me off about my son earlier than 8 weeks. Differences are frustrating bc once you've had two, you never know which symptoms (or lack of) mean what. Good luck mama!

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

No af still. I'm not sure if I should test again.