Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
mamarudy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Why fitted?

So I was hoping to get some feedback from moms that use fitted diapers. What are the pros? Why do you like them?

My LO is 18 months and has been almost exclusively in BG pocket diapers, but honestly I'm a little bored of pockets and wanting to try other types of CD. I see a lot of moms talk about using fitted diapers and I'm wondering if I should try a few.

I was looking today at GMD workhorses, especially due to their sale on their white cotton workhorses right now. At this age, where she's approaching PL, is it worth getting? are they as absorbent as the BG with microfiber?
I know the biggest differences are that they are sized and need a cover but what else can you tell me that I should know before trying to go to fitteds??

Advertisement

mamarudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Why fitted?

They allow your lo to go coverless letting their bottoms breathe. They are absorbent all over versus only down the center. When using longies or shorties they are as easy to use as an AIO.

Cons

They are typically not cheap. They are bulky. They need a cover.

That is what I know. We use prefolds, flats, and fitteds under wool so for me they are easy. I also do not mind the bulk.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Love our GMDs; however, I wouldn't let my DS go Coverless in them because they are not as absorbent as other fitteds out there. My 18mo can go 1-2 hours in them before needing to be changed. I can't compare them to microfiber as we've never owned MF. I don't think they are bulky but we cover with wool, so we don't have the extra layer of a PUL cover to add bulk under clothes as shorties and longies function as both bottoms and his diaper cover. HTH!

ETA: I also love our WHa because they are so easy to wash and clean. I've never had stink issues with them like I do our Sbish. Could be because I only use WHs for day and Sbish for night...

Last edited by momma_dna; 11-12-2012 at 06:25 PM.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD needed fitteds because PUL was making her rashy, then I found I loved them more than all my pockets! We can actually go longer in them than pockets without leaks lol. Just make sure you get a good fiited, otherwise you'll be so disappointed! Lots of them out there are not very absorbent. I recommend mine of course :P, but I also love Linah Sora, Licorice Lane, and Clover Hill Craft fitteds

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have never used GMD workhorses but I recently was looking at them. I decided against them only because they have serged edges & my son is very sensitive. We use Sbish snapless because they are narrow of crotch (good for my petite little guy) and because they are turned & top stitched so no serging. We also use Sbish wool over our fitteds. He couldn't use BGs because the crotch it too wide & caused rashes/chaffing. We also like natural fibers. I use PUL only with SoftBums because they are extremely narrow & never cause problems. <3 our SoftBums & Sbish.

ISO: Sbish Snapless in Snow & Sloomb cube in absinthe
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

another pro is that they are typically bullet proof for newborn poo (since there is the elastic in the fitted and in the cover).

We also like them for overnight since our babies are wiggle worms and sleep on their sides, tummies, and backs so that all around absorbency is a good choice for us.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
babysays
Registered Users

Sbish and softbums votes here too! Fitteds are great for overnight. They really do hold everything in. I always thought I was a pocket or AIO person but I am using fitteds more and more. With nb poo..its nice having the double protection of the fitted elastic and the cover!
babysays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

we use them under wool and fleece pants because the elastic around the legs keeps in messes better than I could pin a prefold or flat.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
Oufelicia
Registered Users

I love them too because they seem to hold the poo in better. It's also nice because if they don't, the cover usually stops it.
Oufelicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
seacat
Registered Users
seller

We used to use all BG pockets stuffed with Flip organics and then my oldest starting wetting out of those. As a whole I find fitteds more absorbent. We also do some wool so, they are nice to use under wool.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote