Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
newadventure
Registered Users

Re: Adoptive BF'ing ~ Lact Aid or Medela?

Our worker said that she followed it all the way "up the line" with her superiors and "through the books" and it is completely legal here, as long as the pediatrician supports it. She said they strongly discourage it because of the intense bonding created but that it is better for the child. Just more painful if/when parental reconciliation happens. She said most workers will tell you "No" but it's just personal bias.
We are waiting to be finalized this week... it's nerve racking! But I'm giddy and terrified at the same time.

Advertisement

newadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used the Medela SNS - my only reason for not trying the LactAid is the bag cost. I like that the Medela is washable/reusable, and I don't find it bulky at all. I liked the portability of it, and being able to bring it with me wherever we went without fear of a bag exploding (common complaint with the LactAid). I used it in public plenty with no issues - it is discreet under your shirt or tucked between your breasts.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
chickeedoodle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I bought (and never used) the Lact Aid, as I heard is was less bulky. A friend of mine who also adopted, swore by it. Good luck!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #14
newadventure
Registered Users

We received written orders from the Judge and cleared by CPS to breast feed our foster son at 8 weeks. There were many factors involved, such as bio-Mom's permission, we got him at birth, likelihood of FAS, blood test and clearance from my physician, lots of legal and emotional battle, and a VERY supportive Pediatrician and lawyer.
At this point the stated goal of CPS is still reunification and it is VERY illegal to breastfeed without written orders and CPS clearance. But, it isn't an impossibility.
Oh, and the Lactaid was awesome!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #15
newadventure
Registered Users

Ooops. LOL! I had already replied back in January. I'm just very exited to get the word out that it's not an impossibility!