Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Article about early education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I had people get upset with me because my oldest knew her alphabet at 3. People felt I was pushing her. What they didn't know was that probably 800 kazillion times a day, she asked what something said or what letters were on the paper/box/sign/tv/etc.

She also learned half her alphabet when she was 2 because I was pregnant and wiped out by dinner time, so we'd watch Wheel of Fortune. lol
Oh, my goodness, mine too! He got a Sit N Spin, and instead of riding it, he would spin the thing, clap, and then shout out letters!

Advertisement

Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Great article. I had to cringe when DH asked me the other day if there was a HS curriculum we could order for DS. DS is 18 months.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #13
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Article about early education.

I love it and totally agree!!! I have to admit I another one who just shakes my head sadly with every post asking what to do with their 2, 3, or 4 year old. We also are not unschoolers, but even our Kindergarten year is very relaxed. My current kindergartner is only doing lots of extra workbook pages because he is a self motivated, school loving child who even complained when I mentioned taking the whole week off for Thanksgiving.