Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HSing Check In Nov. 13-24 (ish)

We finished up the MFWK week 9 today. We ended up doing 3 days worth of worksheets but DS wanted to keep going. I have to say I wasn't complaining because we are going to take a little break for fun Thanksgiving crafts and more chapter book reading over the next week.

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Jen I hope this doc is a better fit for your family. How many kiddos do you have? I always think just two, since there are always two kids in your avi. But reading your post it clicked that the kids in each avi are different!
By reg people I just mean that they seem like, down to earth and accepting of people, flaws and all. So many of the people I've met in this area seem to need me to prove myself... IDK maybe it's just me, or the places I met people when we first moved here. But Im a simple and honest person and I don't jump through hoops. That seems to be one of the reasons I have trouble making friends.
(or, in all honesty maybe it's just a few experiences in our first year here that are making me think that's the rule instead of the exception)

Today went well. I logged what we've done for the past three days and it looks great! I'm so happy with the shift of direction. I have lots of ideas for things to do in the next week, I need to get thoughts organized on what we need, and what to get ready for our projects. And at the same time keep up with my house. I think I have 7 loads of clean laundry that need to be put away

Last edited by threelittlehoneys; 11-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jen-see if there is any helpful info here. http://www.lifeskills-mo.org/default.aspx. There is an office in Springfield, so that would be closer, at least I think it would be.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #14
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

Today I took all my girls to the library. DD3 had story time which DD4 and I sat in on, and DD1 and DD2 did puzzles and picked out books. We picked up the Thanksgiving book I had reserved and then stopped at the grocery store. The boys stayed home with DH since he is off today. Tomorrow we have "Friday Fun" with our homeschool group and we are going to learn square dancing. The weather is beautiful here today so we may try to do a nature walk in a little while. I hope everyone else is having a good day and enjoys the weekend.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We did errand running today, trip to 2 different grocery stores and then to Target to get DH's scrip filled. Got home and the kids used up all their "good" while we were out, so it has been a rough afternoon, can we say early bed tonight?

We didn't get any fun Thanksgiving stuff done today because it wasn't worth the fight that would have ensued since he was not in the mood.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #16
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kristin--Thanks so much for the link!! Springfield is closer for us--and I saw today that Mercy was going to start building a children's hospital there so that will be awesome when it is done!

Rain--I have 3 kiddos. Keegan is 6--he's the one in my avi in orange. The other boy is my nephew. Then I have 2 girls (Rachel is almost 5, and Kennah just turned 3), they were both in my old avi. I don't homeschool Kennah....I just tend to blab about her because she definatly effects how much homeschooling we can get done on any given day and sometimes I just need someone to blab to.

AFU, there's not too much to report today. We did hospital visits for the church and spent a long time in Springfield. We also got the kids pictures taken for Christmas....the older kids turned out super cute and Kennah didn't smile but we did get one without her squishing her nose up so I'll take what I can get, lol.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #17
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are pretty slow moving today. The girls took their first spelling test using our new spelling curric. DD1 got a 100% and DD2 got a 75% . I'm really pushing DD2 on the spelling words (curric is grade 6-8 and she's in 4th, but really bright), so I'm not sure if the poor score has to do with it being too hard or just harder than what she's used to. Those 5 words will appear on next week's test, so we'll see.

This is the beginning weekend of serious craziness for us. We'll be travelling across the state every weekend for the next 7! Our gas bill will be horrendous ! DD2 has her First Lego League competition in 3 weeks, so the pressure is mounting there-to get everything programmed on their robot and the finishing touches put on their presentation. I think we'll probably have 2 weeks of daily practice before we go. She is learning so much from the experience, but it is a lot of work and of course I went into it blindly, so I didn't know how much was involved and we're also in 4H, basketball, choir and then DD1's club volleyball activities. DH's second job is stressing both of us out-him b/c he's never home to see the kids and me b/c he's never home to chauffer the kids. Thursday was a serious nightmare and I drove back and forth across town 4 times for 3 events. Something has to give soon.

Here I am grumping, but the high side of it is that my kids are able to sleep late if they've had a late night, we have no homework or stupid busywork projects and I don't have all the school-related meetings. Our extra-curricular schedule would be completely undoable if the kids were in B&M school.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #18
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Kristin, as frustrating as it sounds to be driving all over creation, I think it's wonderful y'all are able to do all those things with/for your kids. We've always struggled finding extra-curriculars for our kids to do.

AFU, we are trying to end between lessons, as we'll be off work next week and part of the following due to traveling for Thanksgiving. We are getting ready to leave for Friday lunch at church (outreach to the local high school) and then we're going to run up to the store. DH is hunting this weekend, so we're treating ourselves to some sort of junk food we don't normally buy and movies. Tomorrow will be full of getting the house ready to be on its own, taking the dog to the vet to be boarded, and packing. I am going to try and have everything ready to go before DH gets home tomorrow night. I'm really hoping he gets at least one deer. It has been so long since we've had wild game in our freezer.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #19
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

This morning went well. We did a lot of reading and math, and a bit of handwriting, and kind of left off everything else. The kids have been enjoying reading Melinda Melton Crow's early readers about trucks--they are the perfect level for us right now, so they're not as frustrating as some of the other early readers that are still a bit too hard. Anybody know of any other books that are about that level? We've pretty much exhausted the library's supply of these.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Boy it's slow in this thread! Everyone must be busy planning thanksgiving. We're working on Monday and Tuesday, then taking the rest of the week off. Today went well and I noticed that in just a couple of days the kids will be starting their Bible readers--they have been looking forward to those ever since we got this program. I had Rachel read the first page of it today just to see if she could and she did awesome! Her reading is really coming along very well. Keegan's reading made me look forward to his optometrist appointment, lol. I'm not sure what to do with him until then...if we should just keep trying or hold off until after the appointment (Dec 12th or 13, can't remember). We did finish up all our work this morning and managed to get in a drawing lesson that we skipped last week too so all in all it was a pretty good day.

MFW uses...we also start our timeline in a couple days. How long is it supposed to be?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!