Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #31
Registered Users
Re: HSing Check In Nov. 13-24 (ish)

We have 7th (12), 4th (9), and K(5) at our house.

AFU, we aren't doing anything "schooling" this week. We came up to Michigan (from Oklahoma) last weekend to visit with DH's family, as it's not only Thanksgiving, but my FIL's 70th birthday and we're throwing a big party for him. We go back Sunday, so will start school back up on Tuesday, as Monday will be spent recovering from the 16 hour drive (in a little Honda Civic -- we're crazy).

Heather, honestly, though it might make things easier for you to keep your older twins together, I would work on whatever level each on is on. There have been studies showing that by 2nd or 3rd grade, kids are roughly on the same level, so while it might be more work now, once they are both reading, you could probably combine it.

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #32
Registered Users
Re: HSing Check In Nov. 13-24 (ish)

We're still here although we've not done much homeschooling this week. We did have a great thanksgiving and I'm hoping everyone else did too. DH has off all weekend and Monday too--I'm hoping we'll get in at least some school on Monday so we don't get too far behind, but we'll see.

Heather--I'm like you, I would want to compromise and keep them together as long as I could. I think if I were in your shoes I would maybe start in Jan if you feel up to it, but keep it slow. Did you decide if you were going to do MFW or Abecka with them? I don't know that I'd want to start a young boy with abecka if he may not possibly be ready....I don't know. I'd probably start them both with MFW and just throw in a little extra for DD if you thought she was ready and wanted to. If you're doing Abecka I might start....but eliminate a lot of the seatwork for your DS. Totally up to you though, that's just my random thoughts on the subject.

Well...I *think* it's the 24th today, so looks like we need a new thread.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote