Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #41
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
We have three boys, ages 9, 7, and 4. Before dd was on the way we would hear COUNTLESS times 'you trying for that little girl right??' Once I was pregnant they would say 'please tell me that's finally a girl in there!' After dd was born and even now in the present I get stopped ALL the time by random strangers...'oh you finally got a girl!' 'Well she doesn't stand a chance does she??' 'I bet daddy's happy to finally have a girl!'

Um, excuse me rude stranger, do you not realize that minimizing the importance if my sons is hurtful to them?? Do you not see that commenting that we 'finally did something right' means our boys were all wrong?! Please close your mouth and walk away before I

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 11-15-2012 at 05:47 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:01 AM   #42
O'sMommy:)
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your least favorite cliche said to parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
Lol my dh always says well you were the one who wanted another baby. Every flipping time I complain about anything it makes me want to kick him in the nuts everytime.
Oh, if only my husband would have told me that... I would have kicked him in the balls so hard and so many times that he'd be seeing stars for weeks! Then his butt would be sleeping on the couch until I decided otherwise.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #43
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

You must have your hands full!

Yea no poo- now instead offer to help!
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #44
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
We have three boys, ages 9, 7, and 4. Before dd was on the way we would hear COUNTLESS times 'you trying for that little girl right??' Once I was pregnant they would say 'please tell me that's finally a girl in there!' After dd was born and even now in the present I get stopped ALL the time by random strangers...'oh you finally got a girl!' 'Well she doesn't stand a chance does she??' 'I bet daddy's happy to finally have a girl!'

Um, excuse me rude stranger, do you not realize that minimizing the importance if my sons is hurtful to them?? Do you not see that commenting that we 'finally did something right' means our boys were all wrong?! Please close your mouth and walk away before I
Oh I feel you on that, only we are the opposite. 2 girls and then a boy. I am so so sick of the comments. He was a complete surprise to us, so no, we weren't trying for a boy!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #45
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt

Oh me gee I could have written this verbatim!
And don't forget "Oh now you have a little princess to spoil!"
Like our boys are chop liver? She's just as spoiled as our boys were thank you. If she turned out to be a boy he would have been just as loved. We aren't finding out the gender with this one (due in 5-6 wks!!) partly because I don't want to deal with comments. It never occurred to me that we would still get comments like "So this is your last right?". I understand people feel the need to comment when they see a big family but can they please think before opening their mouths???
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 11-15-2012 at 08:28 AM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #46
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'sMommy:) View Post
Aw. Thanks momma! Glad to know I'm not in this alone. Mine has reflux and is on Zantac for it but it seems to be getting worse over the past few days.

People will tell me, "you just need to let him cry it out." Or blahblahblah. I can only listen to a crying baby for so long. I feel horrible enough if I'm holding him and he's crying much less just letting him sit there and cry. I can't do it.

I think I'm going to take him to the dr again today or so bc this is crazy.

Not the poster your responding too but I am going to use one of the dreaded cliches- if you find the right balance it will get better. DD's first year was a nightmare- even her doc blew me off saying she had colic. She never smiled- and I mean NEVER. We got her to laugh once, but we had to work really hard for it. She cried all the time, for hours and hours. There was nothing we could do. Before her we wanted 2 kids, but after we said no way. There is no way we could have another kid and do this again. BUT then at 1 we switched docs and finally got her dairy sensitivity diagnosis. Our lives literally changed overnight. She just stopped crying. With in 2 weeks of getting her off of dairy she smiled for the first time- I broke down in tears. She was just playing on the floor and she smiled. She gained weight, she started doing things. She had to have 2 years of PT to catch up with her gross motor- poor baby was always in too much pain to even try to accomplish milestones. She wasn't crawling or sitting unsupported by 1. She was a completely different child. We always consider her high maintenance, but once her issues were taken care of she isn't at all a high maintenance child. And while we were still hesitant to have another child we did when she was 3. It was one of the best things we have ever done. Ds so far has been the complete opposite. He is healthy, happy and so easy its ridiculous. Of course we could find him so easy because dd was so hard. We have said- never in dd's hearing- that if he had been first we'd probably have 4 kids by now. I can almost guarantee that we wouldn't have willing stopped at 2.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #47
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post

And the opposite side of that- "oh, you have one of each. You can stop at 2" . As if the goal is to have one of each. Um we sure we were stopping at 2 even if the were both the same gender.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #48
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4

And the opposite side of that- "oh, you have one of each. You can stop at 2" . As if the goal is to have one of each. Um we sure we were stopping at 2 even if the were both the same gender.
We still comments on this line of thinking....

'So now that you have a little girl your done right?'

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #49
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
Not the poster your responding too but I am going to use one of the dreaded cliches- if you find the right balance it will get better. DD's first year was a nightmare- even her doc blew me off saying she had colic. She never smiled- and I mean NEVER. We got her to laugh once, but we had to work really hard for it. She cried all the time, for hours and hours. There was nothing we could do. Before her we wanted 2 kids, but after we said no way. There is no way we could have another kid and do this again. BUT then at 1 we switched docs and finally got her dairy sensitivity diagnosis. Our lives literally changed overnight. She just stopped crying. With in 2 weeks of getting her off of dairy she smiled for the first time- I broke down in tears. She was just playing on the floor and she smiled. She gained weight, she started doing things. She had to have 2 years of PT to catch up with her gross motor- poor baby was always in too much pain to even try to accomplish milestones. She wasn't crawling or sitting unsupported by 1. She was a completely different child. We always consider her high maintenance, but once her issues were taken care of she isn't at all a high maintenance child. And while we were still hesitant to have another child we did when she was 3. It was one of the best things we have ever done. Ds so far has been the complete opposite. He is healthy, happy and so easy its ridiculous. Of course we could find him so easy because dd was so hard. We have said- never in dd's hearing- that if he had been first we'd probably have 4 kids by now. I can almost guarantee that we wouldn't have willing stopped at 2.
That's worse than we have it for sure! I've had several people ask if maybe he had a lactose sensitivity. He goes back in a few weeks for his 6 month check up and I will definitely be asking about it bc there are some days when I seriously think that I could just pull every single strand of my hair out! I'm hoping for some kind of relief soon. If something doesn't give soon, I'm going to try the original pediatrician I wanted to take him to who's an hour and a half from me but if it would solve the problem, it would be completely worth it!

I often catch myself wondering, "well if we had another, he/she could be 'the perfect baby'" but then I think to myself, "he/she could also be just as bad." Even though it has been so incredibly hard, I'm really saddened by how fast my baby boy is growing and changing. He amazes me every day. I think one day (many, many years from now), we may consider another but not right now for sure.

Speaking of my original cliche; my son is about 5 & 1/2 months old and I got asked AGAIN today by my great aunt, "it's about time for another one isn't it???" I almost blurted out, "No, I'm not your grandson... If I do choose to have another I want there to be some sort of age gap." I'm not downing anyone who has children close together, please don't think that. It just really annoys me that people think that we automatically think we want another right away.

Last edited by O'sMommy:); 11-15-2012 at 08:59 PM.
O'sMommy:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #50
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I mentioned my grandfather with him saying we NEED another one. That my son needs a sister. Well today he tells me(he's said this before but him saying it today reminded me), "if something happens to him(talking about my son), then y'all won't have anyone." Like another child would ever take the place of my son if something happened to him! It saddens me and frustrates me that he would even think that. I love my grandfather but this is my child we're talking about... How could you say such a thing to a mother???