Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
mgl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another "Which convertable question"

I haven't shopped for seats in about 5 years, so I am out of the loop. Ds2 is getting close to outgrowing his Cosco APT40 by height. He only has about 1 1/2" of shell above his head, so I wanted to start looking for his next seat since he tends to have massive growth spurts.

His stats, at his 12 month check he was 33" and 25lbs, although now at 14 months he is 27 lbs. He is mostly torso, with short legs. I just moved him up to the last harness slot of the APT rearfacing last month.

Is the Radian still the tallest for rearfacing? We have a 2005 Ford Freestar and a 2003 Ford Excursion, are there install issues with those vehicles? Our other seat for him is a True-Fit (which will need to be replaced next year when it expires), which I love, but dd was much smaller than he is and she outgrew it rf by weight around 3 and I want him to rf longer if possible.

Thanks for any input, I was hoping this seat would last till next year when the other seat needed to be replaced, but no such luck.

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
brigala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another "Which convertable question"

The Radian is still one of the tallest. The new Graco MySize 70 (AKA Size4Me 70) is arguably taller. I mean, well, it is taller, but only if it fits in your vehicle at the tallest settings, and that's the limiting factor. Because the Radian is narrower sometimes it will fit where maybe the Graco at its highest setting might not. But then again the Graco might fit better than the Radian in another car...

Whew... the short answer here is "Go try a Graco Size4Me." The MySize is the BRU exclusive version. Don't confuse it with the MyRide, which is not nearly as tall as a Radian. When you try the Graco in your car, be sure to pull the head rest up to its top position and see if it still fits RF in your car at that setting. If your car allows it, the Graco may gently touch your front vehicle seats (the Radian can touch or even brace; assuming it doesn't cause a problem with your car).

The Size4Me allows the child to rear-face until the child's head is 1" below the bottom of the red handle on the top of the head rest.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=223662
brigala is offline   Reply With Quote